Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: any feedback after belle update?

drde321

[ Edited ]

problem on N8,  Ovi store is still loading like forever :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
njhollinghurst

Well it took a few attempts to get it to download and install (I expect your servers were busy), and had to remember to restore my backed-up contacts and conversations, but otherwise the update went smoothly.

I have a couple of grumbles about the visual appearance of Belle:

1. The previous Anna / Midnight theme was consistently "light-on-dark"; partly to save energy. Belle's default theme is an inconsistent mixture of light-on-dark and dark-on-light (e.g. the clock is dark but the calendar widget is bright).

2. I'm missing the old "Time/Date/Profile" widget. It used to give convenient access to Clock, Calendar and Profile. And it told me the day of the week!  The new clock widget is bigger, but less functional.

In the near future, can we expect any new themes, or smaller or improved widgets?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Camperman

I have updated and re-installed all of the apps I want to use (ideal chance to filter out what I don't use or want). What I do have as a problem is that I can no longer enter my security code. I started to type something in the screen for security code during the update - dumb and wrong, I know - and have tried so often that it now no longer asks for it, but I can't change it under Security. Is there anything to be done apart from going to a service centre?

Steve 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
anonuevojaypee

mine is i cant sign in to ovi store even if my connection is good...its frustrating...anyone who can help???pls..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anonuevojaypee

http://forum.symbian-developers.net/index.php?topic=526.0

found this but i havent tried it . me too id like to go back to symbian annabutim quite hesitant that it might brick my phone...how i wish i didnt updated my phone to bella...tsk tsk..grrrrr.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi YawningDog,

Could you provide us your log files via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?

We will check what is going wrong.

Thank you in advance for cooperation!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

After the update now my phone(N8-00 : 0599255) shows three folders of Nokia Belle in mass memory with the same contents. They are Nokia Belle, Nokia Belle(2) & Nokia Belle(3). So which one to keep and which are to be removed? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
apnadfx

I had two folders after I have reinstall Belle. One of the folders, the one without number, was the original one from the transition Anna to Belle, and the second one was from the reinstalling of Belle. 

@sykee: please hurry with the connectivity solution.

5110->6250->5140i->5500->E71->E7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Missing new Microsoft Office Apps on N8. Like One Note, Lync, & PowerPoint. Will they be available for N8 in India?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsemwal

All looks good so far, however one issue. when installed fring  after upgrading to belle, it opened first time and worked fine, but when i exist and again opened it up, its not even loading, tried uninstalling and reinstalling it from Suite, but its still not working, I use fring mostly and its not working now. has any one experienced this, please let me know

Thanks

Dj,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsemwal

Guys ,

please let me know if any one has experienced/fixed the issue with Fring not loading after Belle upgrade. I uses fring frequently and loved tihs, but its not opening now after the belle upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

Anyone that wants situations, you can redownload it from beta labs, apps then about page 3 i think?

But what i really miss (apart from my apps that went missing) is having a rss feed on the homescreen. If anyone knows how to do that, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me how :smileysad:

Other than the above, and it took 3 installs to get it to work, i am slowly getting used to belle.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I'm also starting to get used to Belle - and I really like it.

The installation went very smoothly. I'm not too concerned at having to re-install so many of my apps after the update. This is a small price to pay in my opinion and probably helps with the overall reliability.

In a way I'm glad that widgets are not re-sizeable, otherwise I'd be forever obsessively tweaking things. I'm happy to just make things fit together the best I can.

I'm not having any issues with wi-fi. Battery life seems slightly better than Anna. I've started switching Wi-fi off when I don't need it and I'm noticing improved battery life. I really like having the quick-access to the mobile data, wi-fi and Bluetooth toggles. A nice feature would be able to choose what items we'd like to have on the pull-down slider. I'd like to have the NFC and FM transmitter toggles on that too, for instance.

I would like to have the option of being able to touch the battery indicator and seeing the percentage remaining. In the meantime I'm using one of the themes in Nokia Sleeping screen, which I was using before anyway, which shows a nice clear battery level indicator under the clock.

If we can't have re-sizeable widgets, I'd like to have a range of multi-sized widgets, for things that need it.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the way things look and operate.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is not being able to place shortcuts to webpages on the homescreens. At least Nokia could have left the uncustomizable shortcuts we had on Anna - that would have been better than nothing at all. But I'm not complaining, because I'm already used to opening the browser and seeing my last 6 webpages visited. I like the new browser. I don't need Opera any more.

I've noticed that certain album-art which didn't show up in Anna now shows up with Belle.

Nice smooth scrolling and slick response. I'm quite a basic phone user. I use my phone for the GPS navigation, calls/messaging, audio player (including connection to my home and car stereo equipment using Bluetooth ADSP) movie player, Video and still camera, and limited web usage. All of these work beautifully. Thanks Nokia, great job. Please keep bringing us more refinements.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YawningDog

magovoru wrote:

Hi YawningDog,

Could you provide us your log files via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?

We will check what is going wrong.

Thank you in advance for cooperation!

Hi Marina--

I've looked through Nokia Suite and searched its Help, and cannot find any log files, or any way to get to them. Can you be more specific? Perhaps tell me where I should be looking for such files? I'm sorry, it's probably right in front of my nose, but I just can't find it.

I think that the problem is not in Nokia Suite anyway (I already unistalled and reinstalled it, did the Repair functions for Suite and the cable, etc.). The phone is only about a week old, and was working great until I did the Belle update. I brought it to an AT&T store (I have an AT&T SIM card, it's an unlocked phone -- and there are no Nokia stores in the States), and they looked at it and tried every way possible to access my contacts, but could only duplicate what I'd found: can't access contacts through the Contacts widget ("there are no contacs in searched memory" or something like that, and then the widget shuts down immediately). They were able to access my contacts through the Call function by performing a keypad search, but there is no way to transfer/copy/sync contacts through the Suite, or to add contacts via the phone.

Thanks so much!
Kate
Please use plain text.
vjnrkz

[ Edited ]

may you please tell where i can check battery info? i mean battery %, we had that option in anna,but not in belle

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Another nice feature I've noticed, is that if you like to have entire movies on your phone, but hate having to navigate through them to specific points, if you short-tap the forward button while the movie is playing, it skips forward by about 30 seconds and backward button skips back about 10 seconds. If you hold onto these buttons it skips the counter by these increments until you let go.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Good reviews, folks! Check out this other thread also: /t5/Software-Updates/Disappointed-with-Symbian-Belle-Pros-vs-Cons/td-p/1309293
Please use plain text.
Sage
siegfrid

[ Edited ]

Theme effect are a disaster on c7. Now this function is useless...

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

I am 24hrs into Belle and on the whole I like it although it has taken some getting use to. I went for the full factory reset and upgrade method and then reinstalled just that apps I wanted on the phone. Although I am generally happy there are things Nokia could improve:

1) Widget design - Please can you provide a smaller email, music widget and bring back the old clock, date, profile combination widget.

2) Bring back the ability to add set up shortcuts to the homescreen (I liked getting to the connection menu) as the scroll down connection menu does not offer all the features I want.

3) Mail for Exchange still does not allow the user to enter a customised reply-to address. Guess I have to stick with IMAP for time being.

4) When you click on the calendar widget, I wish it would launch the calendar application in my favourite view (week / month view) or at least give me the option.

5) Some more Nokia official themes as Nokia Evolve is not compatible with all apps (e.g. Calendar).

Apart from that.....it will do for now.

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Almost forgot. Whilst I like the new big digital clock widget.....I wish the date was easier to read.

Please use plain text.