Well it took a few attempts to get it to download and install (I expect your servers were busy), and had to remember to restore my backed-up contacts and conversations, but otherwise the update went smoothly.
I have a couple of grumbles about the visual appearance of Belle:
1. The previous Anna / Midnight theme was consistently "light-on-dark"; partly to save energy. Belle's default theme is an inconsistent mixture of light-on-dark and dark-on-light (e.g. the clock is dark but the calendar widget is bright).
2. I'm missing the old "Time/Date/Profile" widget. It used to give convenient access to Clock, Calendar and Profile. And it told me the day of the week! The new clock widget is bigger, but less functional.
In the near future, can we expect any new themes, or smaller or improved widgets?
I have updated and re-installed all of the apps I want to use (ideal chance to filter out what I don't use or want). What I do have as a problem is that I can no longer enter my security code. I started to type something in the screen for security code during the update - dumb and wrong, I know - and have tried so often that it now no longer asks for it, but I can't change it under Security. Is there anything to be done apart from going to a service centre?
After the update now my phone(N8-00 : 0599255) shows three folders of Nokia Belle in mass memory with the same contents. They are Nokia Belle, Nokia Belle(2) & Nokia Belle(3). So which one to keep and which are to be removed?
I had two folders after I have reinstall Belle. One of the folders, the one without number, was the original one from the transition Anna to Belle, and the second one was from the reinstalling of Belle.
@sykee: please hurry with the connectivity solution.
All looks good so far, however one issue. when installed fring after upgrading to belle, it opened first time and worked fine, but when i exist and again opened it up, its not even loading, tried uninstalling and reinstalling it from Suite, but its still not working, I use fring mostly and its not working now. has any one experienced this, please let me know
please let me know if any one has experienced/fixed the issue with Fring not loading after Belle upgrade. I uses fring frequently and loved tihs, but its not opening now after the belle upgrade.
Anyone that wants situations, you can redownload it from beta labs, apps then about page 3 i think?
But what i really miss (apart from my apps that went missing) is having a rss feed on the homescreen. If anyone knows how to do that, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me how
Other than the above, and it took 3 installs to get it to work, i am slowly getting used to belle.
Could you provide us your log files via http://tiny.cc/ja40z ?
We will check what is going wrong.
Thank you in advance for cooperation!
I've looked through Nokia Suite and searched its Help, and cannot find any log files, or any way to get to them. Can you be more specific? Perhaps tell me where I should be looking for such files? I'm sorry, it's probably right in front of my nose, but I just can't find it.
I think that the problem is not in Nokia Suite anyway (I already unistalled and reinstalled it, did the Repair functions for Suite and the cable, etc.). The phone is only about a week old, and was working great until I did the Belle update. I brought it to an AT&T store (I have an AT&T SIM card, it's an unlocked phone -- and there are no Nokia stores in the States), and they looked at it and tried every way possible to access my contacts, but could only duplicate what I'd found: can't access contacts through the Contacts widget ("there are no contacs in searched memory" or something like that, and then the widget shuts down immediately). They were able to access my contacts through the Call function by performing a keypad search, but there is no way to transfer/copy/sync contacts through the Suite, or to add contacts via the phone.
Thanks so much!
2012-02-11 17:07 - edited 2012-02-11 17:09
may you please tell where i can check battery info? i mean battery %, we had that option in anna,but not in belle
I am 24hrs into Belle and on the whole I like it although it has taken some getting use to. I went for the full factory reset and upgrade method and then reinstalled just that apps I wanted on the phone. Although I am generally happy there are things Nokia could improve:
1) Widget design - Please can you provide a smaller email, music widget and bring back the old clock, date, profile combination widget.
2) Bring back the ability to add set up shortcuts to the homescreen (I liked getting to the connection menu) as the scroll down connection menu does not offer all the features I want.
3) Mail for Exchange still does not allow the user to enter a customised reply-to address. Guess I have to stick with IMAP for time being.
4) When you click on the calendar widget, I wish it would launch the calendar application in my favourite view (week / month view) or at least give me the option.
5) Some more Nokia official themes as Nokia Evolve is not compatible with all apps (e.g. Calendar).
Apart from that.....it will do for now.