Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: any feedback after belle update?

optic61

E7 user: I feel quite comfortable with Belle.... Nice update  but have some silly problems and have some wishes.

major Silly problem;

Screen lock button on left side does not work correctly, try to lock but locks and unlocks at the same time. I have to try 3 to 4 times to work it out. Annoying. Especially when I try to unlock it... again need to try several times... need immedate solution.

Expectations:

Nice weather widget

Nice Clock widget (with profile)

Cannot see battery info

Better orginized and modifiable swipe down menu. (I do never use slience mode but meeting mode but cannot reach from this menu)

more business point of view customizations on mailing and calendar...

I do definity expect better mailing program. More integration on system. I do never care about sms or mms messaging but it is the only thing in swipe down menu. Please add number of unread mails to swipe down menu.

cannot still send task assignment. I could do it with my windows 6.0. I can only add task to myself.

cannot update only calendar. I need to update it only with emails on mail exhange.

Better integration of social. Why do I have to use "facinate" or "fbrowser" programs but not Social. Social sucks. Please update.

emailing: under "when to sync" option there should be "whenever find Known wifi" option. I am expecting my phone to update everything whenever it connected to "known wifi". Everything means, all social updates, mailing, calendar, tasks or rss feeds etc. and it should be integrated to swipe down menu....

ESSENTAILS..... PLEASE UPDATE..... beggin!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
surangasm

I updated my C6-01 to Nokia Belle & as per my understanding It’s actually the best update so far though it has some miner bugs.

Now it’s more user friendly & better in performances.

And kindly let me know how to check RAM usage in my phone so I’ll be able to comment on the RAM usage.

Also I can’t feel a much difference in smoothness between Anna & Belle.

There are many attractive & good things in Belle than Anna & few bugs too, for ex: Google maps doesn’t open if the wi-fi is not switched on.

I’ll give more comments soon…

Please use plain text.
surangasm

I think now the battery life is low after updating belle.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roliagrahari

Lucky you!! I experience quite opposite with belle !
Please use plain text.
Acelin

here are my issues with the belle sw,

1= i hate the "conversations" view , and i would like the option to have the "folders"view as default.

2= if you have the browser set  the bottom left arrow to bring up "pages open" (instead of "back") as soon as you try to scroll through the open pages it goes from 1st page to last in the smallest of swipes, i cannot get it to stop on any middle pages i have open , also there should be an "x" on each page in that view to close off that page, i have tried holding finger on a page, but cannot close it off.

3=i hate hte new clock on homescreen. the old anna one was much MUCH better.

4= the radio widget is also now worse.

5= i also get the clock on standby loosing numbers (my screen is fine, and not missing lines), so instead of showing 4:30 it shows 4: 0 , then it will go 4:3 , them 4:32 , then  :33 .. its totally random , but shows fine if phone is unlocked.

6= i also do not like that you have to manually turn on wifi to use internet,where it used to ask which conection to use if internet was clicked(or auto turned on best connection via priorities list)

7= battery life is 20-30% less (with less apps on phone , as most were lostin update)

8= nokia maps is ALLWAYS running in background, even when killed with APPSTOP, it turns back on everytime .

9= the new email widget is much worse than the old  anna version (should be option to have smaller widget)

in fact the ony possitive i have seen is the "search" button to find apps/progs , everything else is much less user friendly ,and hidden behind many many options and settings that are just stupid  compared with the anna setup of menus.

marks out of 100 for belle sw   3/100 , and thats just for search button. ,bring back anna with the search button , i would be a happier person.

oh and btw i have had nothing but nokia phones for the last 12 years, i love the quality over every other make, im not an apple/android fanboy trying to flame. im just really unhappy with nearly every change.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lamsallife07

i got battery life increases really in my c7 after belle than anna,

but i have got a problem of social app it says welcome to social and just appears blank white and in top left notification connection failed, connection unavailable comes then sometime login page of face book appears and after all it says no gateway found what should i do please help me!! :smileysad:
thanks!!
Please use plain text.
korzo

C6-01 from Hungary:

- It lost the WiFi connection all the time and step to 3G. After 10 minutes (some MBs?) it stops every data connection. I have to reboot the phone to get connection again. It do not care about the priority order...
- It seems it do not use the WiFi automaticaly, just when I push it to connect.
- It have much weaker WiFi signal than it has under Anna, and it seems it is very depend on the position of the phone
- I've set the dual mode (GSM+3G) but the phone use the 3G only, and eat up the battery.

And some small things:
- I lost my aera measure software (GPS Area - 15Euro)
- Do not download the outgoing messages from the IMAP (mac.com).
- To big mail and music player widget. This two cower a full screen
- It downloads the bookmarks from the Safari, but the You can't find them in the bookmarks menu

That is all.
Now I will send back the phone to the Nokia (it has guaratie), to fix the connection problems :-(
waasa

After Belle update I noticed how my n8 tries to go online whenever its possible. Only way to avoid it is to turn off Data and Wifi from scroll down menu. This is not normal.

After downloading a DataWatch programm i noticed a file/application "xmpsservice" what is using data connection, even if all the programs are closed.

After a litle research i found out that its either are Ovi Store or Social file what friusly  tries to log in somewhere.

How can I stopp it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BellX_1

@waasa: Nice weather widget? I have a weather app but no widget. Belle on E6-00.
Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor
waasa

@BellX_1 What exactly do you mean? But i dont use any weather widget or app besides what came with a ovi maps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sillybugs

You're lucky, wish I'd not installed it and I'd really look at what others say about it if I were you. I've just been looking at this page
/t5/Software-Updates/Disappointed-with-Symbian-Belle-Pros-vs-Cons/m-p/1309293
I really wish I'd read up the pros & cons before update, I'd have Anna back in a heartbeat and, as yet, I haven't seen any benefit from Belle yet.
Please use plain text.