Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

any feedback after belle update?

sahil_N8

Re: any feedback after belle update?

I updated my N8 yesterday with belle update but one feature is missing which Is map new network drive ??? Is there  any other way to do it??? Or its not available in belle ??? I really need this feature.... I loved that feature..Please reply me and give solution...

Please use plain text.
iLock

Update for 0599255 product code available but not displaying in software update in ovi suite and in phone too. Please help for this.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ranjanch

Product code 0599255 - india dg, updated on 08/02/2012, 2:30 am. Faced following issues :-

1. After update , it went to back up and said, your phone will restart. but it did not restart. waited for more than 15 minutes, then disconnected USB cable and pressed power button for 10 sec. still nothing. did it three times and finally everything went right.

2. After update :- all Wi-fi. and GPRS setting had to be redone.

3. Fring and MobileVoip not working - though i could find a way out to somehow work fring (not fully functional but ok)

4). Phone hanged 2-3 times. but now seems to be working ok.

5) Had to reinstall skype- new version.

After initial Hiccups - now i feel better. Belle is overall better than anna, but some appications are short.

If you like the above or it solves the problem, do not forget to click on the star/Kudos :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ranjanch

try again by clicking on the "refresh" button in the update screen. it will come
If you like the above or it solves the problem, do not forget to click on the star/Kudos :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
helal_uddin

@ranjanch.... Pls can you tell me how fring works on belle. I m using E7. I m trying to use fring. But cant. While i installed fring. It opened once and work well. But when i closed it. It s not openong again. I delete and re installed it many times. But problem remain same. I will be greatfull to u, if u tell me the way that u followed to work fring.
Thx
Please use plain text.
c7hui

I would like to change my C7-Belle back to C7-Anna as soon as posible, very sad and my missing for upgrade Belle, not impress (Belle is killler OS and Killer Nokia fan, and create negative CEM for Nokia Customer very much)

pls create link url for downgrand back to Anna ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

Following are the two things that's bugging me right now:

1. Whenever I am going in the SW Update app, it throws an error message "Unable to check for updated. Please try later".

2. I cannot upload data to my 360 Panel. It shows, "Connection Failed" and "Unable to upload data".

Anyone experiencing the same ????

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
c7hui

very sad and not impress for upgrade, Belle is the way for create negative and bad CEM for customer. Not good GUI and bad feature, not ease of use for user. Not valuable to upgrade. Anna is not well but good better than Belle very very much. Belle is very very bad OS for Nokia.

Nokia is Global company but not use Hard&CEM to do better and friendly product for customer.
When I use C7-Anna have some problem after I upgrade to C7-Belle was found very very big black hole in customer experiences ,
I miss you Anna, how to back to C7-Anna.
Please use plain text.
c7hui

very sad and not impress for upgrade, Belle is the way for create negative and bad CEM for customer. Not good GUI and bad feature, not ease of use for user. Not valuable to upgrade. Anna is not well but good better than Belle very very much. Belle is very very bad OS for Nokia. 

Nokia is Global company but not use Hard&CEM to do better and  friendly product for customer.
When I use C7-Anna have some problem after I upgrade to C7-Belle was found very very  big black hole in customer experiences , 
I miss you Anna, how to  back to C7-Anna. 
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
veeyoes88

it is not the first time we use wifi

it doenst work after reconfiguring/adding as a new access point

my c7-00 wifi is not functioning

it can connect only through "mobile data"

there is a problem with wifi, nokia needs to find a solution.

Please use plain text.
ian_shum

The update process was rather smooth for such a huge change. I did get a few errors here and there, but the experience was not bad at all. Good job, Nokia.

My N8 now operates like a "modern" smartphone! UI is generally more responsive and coherent. I really wish N8 was released this way one and a half year back, then maybe Symbian can have a fair chance against android and ios.

Please use plain text.
Sage
abzafella

So far im loving belle... Havent received any of the errors ppl keep complaining about.
Overall it much faster where i still have 116MB of ram available after running a few apps

there is only one problem that has occured after the update

my convos under ''messaging'' are not named according to the contact name, but by their mobile number, even though theyre on my contact list.
Similarly, when i open up the convo thread, their name should be written in blue for every one of their messages, but their name is not written, its their number.
I have to click on the message so it takes me to my 'inbox' for me to find out who sent this message because my inbox shows the names and not numbers of the authors of these messages

could someone help me? Its reaaally annoying
If iv helped in anyway, hit the kudos button :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

HAVE U GOT THE NUMBER IN YOUR PHONE TWICE
Please use plain text.
Sage
abzafella

no i dont. I mean i have all of my contacts saved on my phone memory, as well as on my sim memory, but iv only selected 'display phone memory' contacts. Do you i need to delete my sim contacts? I didnt have this problem with anna?
Please use plain text.
Sage
abzafella

i just deleted all of my sim contacts and copied all of my phone memory contacts to my sim, in case there was an error...
After that, it worked! Thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mittsdad

Everything seems to be fine. In some ways I did prefer my Anna home page set up, but this is ok. Is there a shortcut to bluetooth without having to go through settings? How do I get bluetooth icon onto the home page? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi apart from experiencing some of the problems that are similar to other like Wifi random switch off, sms folder view etc, I seem to have a rather unique problem which I have not seen reported.  That is I keep having the "network service connecting/closing" icon shown. This is the icon next to the signal bars on the top left hand side of the screen. It usually disappears after the internet connection is closed but it does not do so now.

Happened once when I was with Anna but a battery pull did the trick. Now even a hard reset did not work.  I am on a price plan and does not want to be connected to the web all the time.  The icon stays on even after I disabled the mobile data.

I am using an E7 which generally was ok until this problem.  I had done following but to no avail:

1.Virtual batt pull

2. Hard reset (icon remain even before I did a restore so it cannot be anyof my apps)

3. shut down all mobile data

4. Deleted all access points and reinstalled

Can anyone please help as I really do not want to do a reinstall of Belle just yet.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
HEPIEN123

You happy Australians!

Please use plain text.
exci76

Wi fi, Bluetooth, network, logs, etc. can be accessed from anywhere in Belle by draging down the upper part of the screen. Nice improvement, I must say!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

Another blunder...

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?qt=360Panel%20Belle&cat=support&fullcontent=true&cnt=1&page=1

and the solution is to re-install Belle all over again and re-install all the apps that you lost.... Pheeewwwww.....

Meanwhile I was part of a Nokia Neilsen 360Meter research.....Now due to this 360Panel I cannot download and install my 360Meter app....

:@
Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.