Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: atleast give us downgrade option from belle to...

Counsellor
shajjeel

atleast give us downgrade option from belle to Anna plz

atleast give us downgrade option from belle to Anna plz,because belle have numorous problems and it can be solved atleast in 2-3 months so give us a option to downgrade to anna plz be quick

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

Re: atleast give us downgrade option from belle to Anna plz

it's generally accepted that belle is a huge improvement to anna. it's unlikely that nokia will release a solution for downgrading the firmware.

it is possible to do it manually, though not straight forward. and i'm not allowed to tell you here anyway.

a nokia service center would be able to do it for you. but really you should try and live with it for a while.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shajjeel

[ Edited ]

if you can do so plz mail me the procedure of downgrading my c7 at Personal Message.

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

we are not allowed to tell such procedures.

a Nokia Care centre will possibly downgrade it , but only for a valid reason.
experiment with the device a little bit, and you will like it in the end.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sjano

Putting on belle is mistake, please make solution for us to downgrade N8 on Anna.
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

not possible once your belle your forever belle
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bartuzn

I'm user of E6-00 and after update to Belle, I'm really surprised to see that this FW is absolutely not fitting to this kind of phone. Even if on many large screen phones it's probably a matter of getting used to it. In the case of E6 and similar, it's definitely not made for this format.

Thinking about business use of this phone, the BELLE firmware is not fitting as ANNA was.

You should provide a way to get a working firmware for the purpose of phone, otherwise it makes no sence to keep it!

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

It seems that E6 users are the ones hit hard by this so called belle upgrade... Looks like belle doesn't fit the purpose there.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Night_Hawk

[ Edited ]

I would be able to life with it, if it where minor bug like in Anna, but since I upgraded to Bell I can't get my e-mail to work (keep getting the ''unable to connect to mail service server''.
My nokia(ovi) Store does not work (needs an update (new version 3.22.054), but keep getting the error ''required update failed''.

My whatsapp massager is gone, and can't be reinstalled duo the above issue.
I tried to go to the website and install is from there but give me a expired certificate error.

Basically Belle is useless since key function do not work.

I am a E6 user.

Please use plain text.
rumman_1981

belle interface is worse than anna.nokia must have a option to downgrade.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The one big plus point of belle is its user interface... I think its way better than Anna. But for so many bugs belle would've made a great OS.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

no fash video is open on n8. Totally waste of mony. And nokia has no care about their customer. Is it belle update. Where is new feature. The new feature is no flash video playing , mail for exchange problem , restarting problem. Yes those are The new feature by belle update.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

flagpole wrote:
it's generally accepted that belle is a huge improvement to anna.

Is it?

Not sure I've ever seen as many disgruntled threads and posts.

Perhaps outside of dedicated forums, perhaps for those who just like a swisher look and feel - and I accept, forums may not be that representive of the entire owner audience.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
permo

For me Nokia Belle is a great improment to Anna, I enjoy my N8 for the first time really. All functions are working well; but I would like a resizeable widget though....;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bushy16

[ Edited ]

belle upgrade for n8 is a downgrade  for nokia users and nokia dont give a ***Bleep*** about us sorry truth hurts i want anna back.

MODERATORS NOTE:  The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Please do not use offensive language on the forums

Please use plain text.
jedialison

N8-00... Since upgrading to Belle 4 days ago... screensaver did not work, so yesterday morning i found a solution - power cycle...

Since then, The following applications do not work with my internet (3G) connection that I have found so far - 

anything but a browser.

Mail, ovi maps, vlingo, goosync, just about any application that uses an internet connection.

I walk into my house and turn wifi on and BAM!  it all works.  Took me all morning to get my 3G connection working for the first time since the upgrade, and I had to do a soft reset.  After re-configuring all my settings for apps, I switched to wi-fi, and as soon as I switched back to 3G, it stopped working.

So tell me how this is an improvement if my phone apps don't work except with wifi?  What is the point of having a smartphone?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokE6_00

I think NOKIA should hear the users of E6-00,

Nokia must give a fix or update giving a solution to their problem with BELLE or

Nokia must give an option to all users enabling them to rollback their OS to anna.

I also encountered same problem like.

- no message character counter

- huge size of widgets & icons

- battery meter missing

- remote drive map missing

If nokia can't give a fast solution to all belle users mostly(E6-00 owners), Nokia should give the option of rolling back their OS to ANNA.

Hoping NOKIA will promptly response to the problems.

I am an E6-00 user. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

[ Edited ]

its all a wish ful thinking my friend. Nokia will never give a rol back option otherwise belle will collapse. They dont want a fresh rolled product on which they have spent millions just on advertisement to go to ruins. So stop dreaming about that. Secondly nokia phone model particular fix will not be released for any model. Belle is going to be same for all. So dont waste your time. I wrote a huge letter and i even got a reply from nokia you can read it on my forum and from their tone you can clearly see they dont have any intentions to change.

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Jacinta79

atleast give us downgrade option from belle to Anna plz

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO DOWNGRADE TO SYMBIAN ANNA, BECAUSE IT IS FAR FAR FAR MUCH BETTER THAN THIS BELLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I  MEAN IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER, BUT IF YOU SEE SO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINING MEANS SOMETHING IS DAMN WRONG AND YOU GOTTA ACT BEFORE YOU LOOSE CUSTOMERS, I HAVE BEEN A NOKIA USER MY ENTIRE LIFE AND NOW I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THAT BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE.

SYMBIAN BELLE IS DEFINITELY NOT THE UPGRADE WE WANT. I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE OTHER WAY ROUND, BELLE TO ANNA NOT ANNA TO BELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING NOKIA AND DO IT FASTER!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

just refer to my post no use writing in capitals whats done cant be undone.
Please use plain text.