Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: belle update for 500 product code 059L3M6

Advisor
abe1391
Accepted Solution

belle update for 500 product code 059L3M6

i dont know such a reputed firm like u nokia is doin this .....y u cant give belle update to all product codes of nokia 500 model .....really disappointed with this issue this makes me to go off from nokia .....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Firmware updates are issued by Nokia to the generic product codes at time of release. Any that are linked to a network operator (such as yours) needs to be sent to the operator so that they can make any changes they need to and then they send it back to Nokia so that it can be released.

The issue with the delay for you is that it's sat with your network operator, there's nothing Nokia can do about this I'm afraid.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abe1391

so what ur sayin is i hav a update but the problem is with my network operator.....will i get a solution if i visit nokia care center 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

abe1391,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussions forum! If you have not got the Belle update yet, please have a look at the availability page. Also please check that you do not have a swap code. If you do, please check  comment from here.

Hope this helped!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abe1391

@jampe  can u explain about the swap code and how to find it? ....between i got a software update in my mobile saying nokia belle update demo.......reply asap

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

abe1391,

I couldn't find your product code from our swap code list, also couldn't find it from India availability list. Where did you buy the device from? You know if it's from another country? Please try to update like instructed here.

Swap code is explained by Michaels:

"For those customers who have a SWAP product code, you should not have this - when the light-swap repair was carried out by our Nokia Care point, your repaired phone should have been re-flashed to the same software variant that you had originally, and a new label created showing the IMEI and the correct code (though for N8 and E7 owners with sealed battery compartments, the label is not visible to you).

***Change***

Nokia has now issued reminders to the repair network on the correct processes for handling swap devices, so there is no longer a need to mail your individual details. All those who have mailed already will still be contact by Nokia Care in your country, though from now on you should be able to consult a local Nokia Care point directly."

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abe1391

i bought it in QATAR ...i checked as u instructed but its not available in that list also.....am i helpless r still there is hope .....i trust in u guys help me plz
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

059L3M6 is a "Country Variant United Kingdom" variant and is shown as "Waiting for approval" at http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abe1391

since i bought the phone in QATAR..... currently im stayin in INDIA and my product code comes under COUNTRY VARIANT UNITED KINGDOM .......with all these mixed country stuff will i be able to get the update if it gets confirmed in the availability list
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abe1391

@andy3196

any reply from u to my last question will be greatly appreciated!!!!:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Sorry not to have replied before, but updating a phone in a different country to it's intended market is something I haveno experience of. I left it in the hope that someone else would answer, however I have seen it stated elsewhere on this forum that it doesn't matter where you are when the update becomes available, so I expect you should get it without a problem.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

abe1391,

By the way, please be aware that the device is not covered by warranty in India, as the product was intented for European market. More about European warranty can be found from this link. Information about warranty in India can be found from here.

Hope you get the update soon!

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
michaeltsu

My Nokia 500 was purchased from John Lewis as "Sim Free", it is NOT tied to any network. Are you able to tell me who is the network the 059l3m6 is supposed to be with? Are you not able to get approval speeded-up ? since all other UK Nokia 500s have had Belle released !! I think Nokia should offer a work-round for people who seem to be left behind !

Please use plain text.