Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: cant update N8 to Nokia Belle Refresh 111.040....

Symba

cant update N8 to Nokia Belle Refresh 111.040.1511

hello,

i have N8 RM-596 0599777

and the firware install is Symbian Belle 111.030.0609

in the web site of nokia it say that the last update is 111.040.1511

i download NSU and its say's that "No updates are available"

maby becuse i buy this phone from Orange?

please help me 

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: cant update N8 to Nokia Belle Refresh 111.040.1511

probably because you have a branded variant my friend, you are unable to upgrade to Belle Refresh. it is up to Orange whether they want to work on releasing the update to you or not, not Nokia. therefore you will need to contact Orange and ask if they have any plans to upgrade to Belle Refresh, if they do not, then you can try asking for their written permission to have the phone unbranded, and then take your phone to Nokia Care for them to install generic Belle Refresh firmware for you: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Jamboy

Same problem with N8 unable to get Nokia Belle 111.040.1511, i have the product code 059C426... Region Mexico, Operator Telcel...

What about refresh availability for our region !?!?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

like i said in my post mate, contact your network carrier. it is up to them whether they approve the Belle Refresh update or not.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Yasara

I cant update my nokia n8 for nokia belle refresh. The nokia suite keeps on downloading forever. its stuck at a point. tried several times. but didn't work.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
noximo

pls send ota link for symbian belle
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

In the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, what is your 7-letter code (Nokia Product Code)? No Windows computer or USB: The same code is printed on your phone. That code determines your firmware variant which determines your current version. We can check together whether you have the correct variant, only with that code.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Garrett_N8

[ Edited ]

OK, my N8:s product code is: 059B288.

Location Finland, No SIM or Operator locks... Still in Symbian Anna (025.007) and Ovi Suite claims I have the latest version and no updates available

SG

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Garrett_N8

Nokia Suite version 3.8.48
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

059B288 is a "swap" product code, assigned to the phone after repair, and it does not receive updates.

If you are otherwise happy with the phone, then leave it as it is?

Please use plain text.