Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

crashed re install still worked!

Sage
wezzyd

crashed re install still worked!

ok so i was re installing fw on my 700 and a bit through the update it said connection lost. i did as it said took cable out restart phone and plug back in and it did some more updating and then connection lost again and the screen said test mode and i couldnt go any further so i took battery out and turned on and all is ok. has anyone else had this before? used nokia suite btw
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: crashed re install still worked!

You seem to be LUCKY with your phone.. that its still working..

BTW, during the Update, the phone switches itself OFF and ON several times..If you read the instructions when the process starts, they tell you to ignore all messages that you see on the screen regarding disconnection of the USB...So, you should let the process continue without interruption..

..though as mentioned on this Forum, in some cases it happens that the connection fails to get re-established..

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

Re: crashed re install still worked!

lol thanks. i was worried i bricked my phone but as you say il count myself lucky
Please use plain text.