Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

cwa server url

Registered Member
chantelgiggels
Accepted Solution

cwa server url

I have recently installed the symbian anna software and noticed that the communicator was also installed but I dont know what to enter in the cwa server url, please help! I have a nokia N8. Thanks
Professor
jraduga

Re: cwa server url

Thats something you should get from your administrator of your network that you are trying to access.

Registered Member
chantelgiggels

i know this sounds stupid but how do i do that...
Professor
jraduga

Firstly do you understand what microsoft communicator is all about. if you dont or unsure then he is an overview of some of what it does http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/microsoft-office-communicator-mobile-2007-r2-ver...

Now if this is what you want to do, then to get the information that you need you are going to have to find out who looks after the server network in your office (assuming thats not you). Your office will need to running communicator server as well.

Your administrator is the person that looks after the server network and all the pc's at your work, although this could be several people. Also you will need to have the correct priviledges on the computer system that your company uses.

Also check out that microsoft website, there are links there that will take you to FAQ's and other help services, that may make this a little clearer for you. you will also find they have forums on there as well dedicated to the subject

this link will take you document that has all the install instructions. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=2901

Just click on the download button

Registered Member
chantelgiggels

thank you so much for your help!!!
Registered Member
egienab

Hi,

I clicked on link, then initiated communicator download, but, then after choosing manufacturer - there is no N8 model. So What should I do, when they say "Sorry, but currently we do not support your device".

That is worthless update and meaningless vaste of my time.

Professor
jraduga

egienab wrote:

Hi,

I clicked on link, then initiated communicator download, but, then after choosing manufacturer - there is no N8 model. So What should I do, when they say "Sorry, but currently we do not support your device".

That is worthless update and meaningless vaste of my time.

If you have Anna, it should have been pre-installed in you phone, I also had it on symbian ^3 14.002 on my E7. You would need to use the pre-installed version.

Also do you have access to a microsoft communication server. This is a server that some companies would be using for access to special functions such as call routing, email, etc.  

Registered Member
alisterfernz

i really dnno which site to be entered in CWA server URL....??please can anyone tell about this thing