Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: e70 firmware upgrade

Advisor

28-Sep-2006 09:58 AM slitchfield wrote: Does PC Suite itself work perfectly? Steve
Yes, I'm not having any problems using PC Suite.
Ian
Regards,
Ian
Advisor

28-Sep-2006
09:37 AM
ilynes wrote:
Hi,

I don't want to send my phone away to get the upgrade - I need it to hold my paper in place - so can anyone suggest any way I might get the upgrade? Am I the only one still waiting?

No your not the only one I have an unbranded SIM free E70 aswel and still not appearing up on the software updater...it is not our end the problem is residing so dont waste your time disabling things etc only thing to do is keep checking the NSU every couple of days :-(!
Professor

28-Sep-2006
10:19 AM
ilynes wrote:

28-Sep-2006 09:58 AM slitchfield wrote: Does PC Suite itself work perfectly? Steve
Yes, I'm not having any problems using PC Suite.
Ian

Wierd. There must be *something* unusual about your firmware/phone origin then.... Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Whatever you do though, people, DON'T disable your Internet firewall - it's not necessary and you'll only catch a worm. I update perfectly with Windows XP SP2's firewall fully active.

Steve
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
I'm still waiting for the update too. It's not anything unusual about our phones - it's just that the update is, apparently, only available for phones with certain product codes (the 7 digit code under the battery). See this Nokia post for the official line, such as it is.

Edited
m_shaharizai

Message Edited by m_shaharizai on 28-Sep-2006
06:36 PM

Advisor

Thanks samstokes, I have exact same firmware and product code and also bought the phone sim-free and unlocked from a UK store so will watch that thread (:
Advisor

28-Sep-2006 02:05 PM samstokes wrote:

I'm still waiting for the update too. It's not anything unusual about our phones - it's just that the update is, apparently, only available for phones with certain product codes (the 7 digit code under the battery). See this Nokia post for the official line, such as it is. Edited m_shaharizai

Message Edited by m_shaharizai on 28-Sep-2006 06:36 PM

Thanks samstokes. The post you refer to says:

In case the Nokia Software Updater says no new software is available but you believe this to be incorrect, please post your product code to these boards.

I assume "these boards" means here, so...

My product code is 0538292 and my firmware is 1.0610.05.07.

According to the many posts on here there is new firmware. Please can it be made available. Thanks.

Regards,
Ian
Counsellor

... OK, the separate thread I started for people to post their product codes has been deleted without warning or explanation, as has the reference I made to it in my post here, so I guess I must have violated some unknown forum rule. I'll try it here instead.

Product code: 0538292
Current firmware: 1.0610.05.07 30-05-06
Notes: retail, SIM-free E70 purchased from an online store in the UK.
Advisor

28-Sep-2006
09:52 PM
samstokes wrote:

Product code: 0538292
Current firmware: 1.0610.05.07 30-05-06
Notes: retail, SIM-free E70 purchased from an online store in the UK.

Exactly the same code, firmware and purchase! We are in the same boat!
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Same here, same firmware and product code, bought from the UK

Unfortunately it won't be long until a helpful mod deletes our posts again, putting us back to square one.

My other posts, stating this information were also deleted without a reasonable or even logical explanation.

Up to my knowledge, we're not breaking any rules at all.

Message Edited by mcom on 28-Sep-2006
10:54 PM

[ Edited ]
Product code 0539966 ...not even close to yours and i have the same problem - no update.

Also purchased sim free but at a retail store. I am still suspecting the 'sim free' may have something to do with it rather than the product code. Has anyone who has succeeded had the same product code as anyone who cannot upgrade?

(oh yes, same old firmware as other posters)

Message Edited by iano on 29-Sep-2006
11:13 AM

Contributor

I've got the same issue and can't get software update to pick up the new firmware

30-05-06
RM-10
Nokia E70
Counsellor

In case anyone is interested, Nokia are *still* refusing to accept my E70 from Vodafone as they claim the product code is not one they are able to accept. The phone was supplied by Vodafone.

What is interesting too is that all my previous posts on this topic seem to have disappeared.

My latest news is to contact them Tuesday next week to see if their system will accept my phone, though they hold no promise that this will be the case. They say it is impossible for the phone to be sent to them now, awaiting a possible resolution on Tuesday because that is not how they work. They also say that I must expect a 10 working day turnaround even though my phone has been out of action for nearly 3 weeks.

I asked whether I could be sent a new E70 given that Nokia are incapable of repairing my existing one (by their own choice) but was told this was not possible.

Incidently, did anyone see an item on the news a week or so ago concerning a VAT fiddle whereby companies import goods via Dubai and manage to get out of paying the VAT? The BBC clip showed mobile phones in boxes that looked like Nokia ones, so I am wondering whether the source of all these problems is that the phones have entered the UK via an obscure route. Note, the footage may have been library footage, but this might explain why Nokia UK have no knowledge of my handset (which was supplied by Vodafone UK).

Cheers,

Mark.
Sage

29-Sep-2006
02:42 PM
markcoley wrote:
They also say that I must expect a 10 working day turnaround even though my phone has been out of action for nearly 3 weeks.

I asked whether I could be sent a new E70 given that Nokia are incapable of repairing my existing one (by their own choice) but was told this was not possible.

It seems I have been relatively lucky by comparison. My E70 couldn't be repaired, and I have been waiting two weeks for a replacement. CRC (Nokia UK's repairers) said on Weds that it would be at least a week before they could get any, but the the new one unexpectedly turned up at my local Service Centre yesterday.

The bad news is that while my old one had a product code that could be upgraded, the new has a code that cannot. So after all this hassle I am back to where I was three weeks ago with the buggy v1 software ...

Sigh ...
Sage

[ Edited ]

29-Sep-2006
11:11 AM
iano wrote:
Also purchased sim free but at a retail store. I am still suspecting the 'sim free' may have something to do with it rather than the product code.

I don't think so. My NSU-killed E70 was SIM-free but with code 0526639 and does have an update, but the warranty replacement from Nokia UK (also SIM free, code 0525918) does not. This is not just an NSU issue -- my local Service Centre don't have the update for the "new" code either.

Only difference appears to be that while the old one had Polish as well as English language, new one has Latvian and Lithuanian ...

Message Edited by rgphilpott on 29-Sep-2006
07:38 PM

Counsellor

[ Edited ]
At last Nokia are now willing to accept my handset!

It will be delivered to them tomorrow morning by courier. If anyone from Nokia is reading this, perhaps they would like to ensure I do not have to wait a further 2 weeks before it is returned and it is fixed promptly. I have been without the phone for over 3 weeks now.

Mark.

Message Edited by markcoley on 02-Oct-2006
10:21 AM

If Nokia representatives are reading this, please fix (read: increase) the music player volume level in the next firmware rollout of the E70. Thanks.
Registered Member

29-Sep-2006 01:14 PM flashman wrote: I've got the same issue and can't get software update to pick up the new firmware 0531051 1.0610.05.07 30-05-06 RM-10 Nokia E70
Same here, phone is non-branded, no sim lock.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, My phone reboots now and then, loads of out of memory problems and other problems reported in this thread. I'd really like to get the update, no luck.

NSU has updated itself twice.

Is there anyone that has been able to upgrade from 1.0610.05.07 to 2.x?

Counsellor

same here:

Product code: 0526339 : No software updates available

Now a can´t use my replaced E70 (the old died after Update)

Is there a solution ???

best regards
Michael
Counsellor

It's been nearly 6 weeks without my phone. Nokia promised I'd have it back yesterday (I spent half an hour on Weds on the phone and they eventually told me the update would be done by the end of that day, and dispatched Thurs - it sounded like they hadn't started doing anything after 5 weeks of it sitting around). However, it hasn't arrived so I've no idea what is happening. It'll be interesting to see what software version it comes with.

Same here. NSU says my version is up to date but I have the memory management bug and I know a newer firmware exists.

Come on Nokia. I swear SonyEricsson wouldn`t keep us waiting this long ! :smileyhappy:

30-05-06
RM-10
Product code: 0531051
E70-1

13-Oct-2006
05:03 PM
is95kiko wrote:

29-Sep-2006 01:14 PM flashman wrote: I've got the same issue and can't get software update to pick up the new firmware 0531051 1.0610.05.07 30-05-06 RM-10 Nokia E70
Same here, phone is non-branded, no sim lock.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, My phone reboots now and then, loads of out of memory problems and other problems reported in this thread. I'd really like to get the update, no luck.

NSU has updated itself twice.

Is there anyone that has been able to upgrade from 1.0610.05.07 to 2.x?