Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

firmware update for Nokia E72

Sage
shamsi_boy

firmware update for Nokia E72

I want to know that when is the next firmware update for e72 is going to be released?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adn1

Re: firmware update for Nokia E72

Nobody knows but the latest one is 081.003
Nokia E72 V091.003
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@shamsi_boy

E72 has been supported longer than most models and it would be very surprising if it was included in portfolio of devices for Accenture to provide ongoing Symbian support.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

it means that no updates for my e72 from now onwards?and even accenture will not do it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adn1

@aspergerguy are you sure ? Are you a Nokia employee ?

Nokia E72 V091.003
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

adn1 wrote:

@aspergerguy are you sure?

Not certain at all but since release upon 021.024 there have been updates 022.007, 023.002, 031.023, 051.018, 052.005, 053.001, 071.004 and latest 081.003 which is considerably more support than most devices receive in their lifespan!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

it means that the updates are now finished?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adn1

[ Edited ]

I don't think so , we need a major software update ,

Nokia E72 V091.003
Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

yeah you're absolutely right!we do need it!

Please use plain text.
shetsuraj

ya guys you both are correct we need a major software update there are many problem in the present firmware
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Guys, what are talking about? Nokia has give up from E72 firmware updates long time ago. You can see on support page information that current software version is still 071.004 ???!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adn1

For your information the latest update is 081.003 , we are all asking for a software update because the phone is unusable {40 /128 mb ram ~ } , i will be happy if they downgrade it to fp1 just to gain few mb in ram

Nokia E72 V091.003
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
premal

the long list of updates right from 021.024, 022.007, 023.002, 031.023, 051.018, 052.005, 053.001, 071.004 and latest 081.003 doesn't mean longer support but it indicates that Nokia hasn't been able to release a stable firmware even after all this updates.

And even the current one isn't going to be final, there has to be atleast one more release.
Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adn1

absolutely right , 9 software updates and still waiting for a real fix !!!

Nokia E72 V091.003
Please use plain text.
TheJoker

Nokia should have included E72 in the belle supporing devices list...its really bad that a costly device doesn't have stable OS and completely ignored by Nokia..
Please use plain text.
ruzan

81 software has memory full issue in a big way. very nasty of nokia not to do proper testing of an update before releasing it. i was on 51 and didnt have a single memory full issue. now i open a third app and memory full pops up. apps shut on its own in the back ground.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RusskyMedved

[ Edited ]

81 has indeed serious memory issues. Often, I run out of memory when Nokia Maps is only in use. Absolutely ridiculous.

I do hope, Nokia will fix this up in the next firmware soon.

Please use plain text.