Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: help! windows update lumia 820 no wifi

dawalker

help! windows update lumia 820 no wifi

Hi

Desperately need to install the windows update on my lumia 820, but i don't have WiFi and can find now way to do the update via the network/internet.

I'm desperate to install this and would greatly appreciate help. I have no way of accessing WiFi at all.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

Presumably visiting Nokia Care facility is not an available option to you and no Starbucks WiFi or such?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
dawalker

No Starbucks or Nokia Care facility where i live, the nearest is 1000's of kilometres away. It is very frustrating that such important updates are dependent on a WiFi connection.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

surely you have a friend or family member or a local library / fast food outlet / restaurant, that has a WiFi connection? whereabouts do you live?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Bengheng

Dont give a stupid answer if u dont hyave any! im soo frustrated trying to update this phone without wifi. Dont tell me to look for wifi! If u dont know how to do it, dont answer **bleep**!!!

Please use plain text.
noklasukz

Help needed. I went to a nokia care centre and told them i don't have WiFi connection so i needed them to update it for me. Guess what...they reset my phone to factory settings and everything i updated was gone and when i showed them the notification to update, they told me it was just for show and that there is no update available. Take my advice, screw the employees in nokia care center. They are employing donkeys.
Please use plain text.