Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how i can UPDATE my NOKIA 2630 firmware?

how i can UPDATE my NOKIA 2630 firmware?

i buy a nokia 2630 and... i cant UPDATE with NOKIA PHONE TOOLS and NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER, actualli my firmware version is 04.20 at 03-08-07...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: how i can UPDATE my NOKIA 2630 firmware?

What does "I cant UPDATE" mean, exactly?

Is the 2630 supported with Nokia Software Updater (NSU) in the first place?

If not, then you have to take the phone to a Nokia service/repair center and ask them to update it for you.

If the phone model is supported for NSU updates, then the question is whether an update is available for your phone model in the first place.

If it is, then the next question is, whether a version is also already available for your country/region.

If it is, then the next question is, if you are using a network operator (carrier) customized/subsidized phone, whether the operator has ordered (paid) for a new customized version to me made, and at what stage in development/availability it is.

And if you have a phone supported by NSU and a new firmware version is available, and it still doesn't work for you, then you need to explain more about how you attempted to use it, and how it failed (such as any and all error messages, etc.).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

The 2630 is not supported by NSU, it is not even supported for USB connectivity with a PC; so in this case it has to be a service point.

This is fairly typical of 1xxx and 2xxx models, they are usually designed for users with basic needs of their phone.
Please use plain text.

uhmmm :/
my cellphone dont connect with nokia bh-200 (bluetooh), any calls dont have time counter, its so slow.... for this reason i need UPDATE THE FIRMWARE of my cellphone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

As has already been stated, you cannot update the firmware yourself. If you need a firmware upgrade then you'll have to take the phone to a Nokia Care Point to have this done.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juandelo

I am looking for a 2630 Bluetooth problem and found this thread. The level of aggressivity is to high. Now we all understand why Nokia have the troubles they have. 

Please use plain text.