Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to update noKia asha 501

Contributor
madhur626

how to update noKia asha 501

Hello sir i have asha 501 i am using this phone last 2 month i'm update my phone plese tell me how to update my phone by mobile
Please use plain text.
Professor
Stephenmuroki

Re: how to update noKia asha 501

You can update via PC suite or over the air which is mostly refered to as FOTA (updating software directly on phone) just go to Settings > Phone Updates > Download Software Updates.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
madhur626

but this is not working in my mobile
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sudhirmangla

there is no update released for Nokia Asha 501. Not even a single update. Steps mentiioned above might me correct but as there is no update release you would not find any result from above steps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Stephenmuroki wrote:
You can update via PC suite or over the air which is mostly refered to as FOTA (updating software directly on phone) just go to Settings > Phone Updates > Download Software Updates.

Whilst FOTA instructions are correct end user cannot update Asha 501 using Nokia Suite on PC, although Nokia Care facilities have Nokia Software Updater for Retail for this purpose!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anujyadav121

as per my knowledge new update for asha 501 is ready to release.
Please use plain text.