Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to upgrade X3-02? (5.32 => 6.0)

guanting

how to upgrade X3-02? (5.32 => 6.0)

[ Edited ]

hi, everyone.

my phone (X3-02) software version is 5.32 (RM-639)

I started the upgrade using Ovi Suite and Nokia Software Updater,

but it say "no updates available"..

whats going on? :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andrewmcoombs

Re: how to upgrade X3-02? (5.32 => 6.0)

from what i can tell it hasn't been released everywhere yet. I am in the UK on a sim free version of the x3-02 and the best firmware i can get is 5.36.

I guess we'll just have to wait!

Please use plain text.
guanting

[ Edited ]

not my day, 6.0 is fake! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pr0xy

I am from India and when my phone did not upgrade to 6.0 I wrote to Nokia and they sent me the below mentioned LAME excuse.
(Pls. Note- I have removed some information from the mail as they were personal.)

--------
Hello P,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

We understand that you are unable to update your Nokia X2-01 with the latest version 6.00.

We value the importance of your concern and we are here to assist you.

We would like to inform you that your device is already updated the latest software version. However, you may kindly note that software version varies according to the product code. Further, to check the available software for your device, kindly access the below mentioned link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

Your case # is 1-X1X41XXX48X

For further enquiries, please email us or feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in/asknokia. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Thank you for choosing Nokia.

Regards,

XXX XXXXXX
Nokia Careline
--------
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE KUDOS BUTTON IF YOU FIND MY POST HELPFUL....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pr0xy

Moreover, They are got My Phone model wrong ..... I have a X3-02
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE KUDOS BUTTON IF YOU FIND MY POST HELPFUL....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
guanting

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your remind. :smileyhappy:

How to know my phone is speical edition and unlock this limit? 

It is bad design.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Well, it would be advertised as special edition. For example, umm, the 5800 had a Ramadan edition with a Ramadan app. Usually they are advertised as having special apps, wallpapers, designs. colors, etc. Most likely you got a country variant or network variant.You can find what variant you have by checking the product code. Sadly your picture has poor quality and I cant read the code. Its the number underneath the square design thing. Google it.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.