Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: i have updated to v40 for code 0575590 through...

Contributor

i have updated to v40 for code 0575590 through nokia care in delhi......

First of all i want to conway thanks to IVVINE for sharing all the info with us. Today i have updated to version v40 for 0575590 from nokia care delhi. Ohhhhhhhh good to see ks in my phone. But still rds sucks. Now for product codes i have written yesterday about nokia care advances in updates recieving is day to day. I have found a friend in nokia care who told that they recieve updates through mail downloader every day in morning here in delhi. So if you have still not updated to v40 can recieve it through nokia care if warrenty left then free or in 250 rs. In delhi........... Guys i can gurrenty you about nsu that you will never recieve any update above v30 for 0575590. Please do not believe on nsu anymore for waiting ........................... It happened earlier with v31 and now hapoening with v40.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Re: i have updated to v40 for code 0575590 through nokia care in delhi......

Your are welcome nsrsindia_back you took the right step by going to Nokia Care and updating it.

Note : Guys do not waste your time posting that you did get update on NSU. Go to Nokia care they will do it for free if your phone is under warranty. Just spend 30 min they will update it and give you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Quick reply IVVINE.. ok i am curius about one more thing about diffrence between updates through nsu or nokia care or fota... Which one is more reliable and is good for phones for future working? Any ans would be appericiated over it ?
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

For Software updates

NSU: Nokia provides update through the NSU software, it does not reset any of your Phone or personal setting.

It updates the new files and removes the old file. Your data is not touched.

Nokia Care Update:  They Update your phone with the fresh copy of the software,Its removes all the data 

on the phone and its like a new phone that you get when you buy a new one.

FOTO: Its a Minor update that is done on the Phone, it just update the new changes on the phone.

Major update are not give to the phone through FOTO, only Small and minor updates 

Always go for NSU first, if not Nokia Care. FOTO you get the updates rarely (Its only for patching)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Frankly I am quite happy with my v20. Everything works quite well and the phone is very stable and fairly fast. For a 10% increase in responsiveness, I do not intend to upgrade to v40 for KS, ugly home screen, glitches with music player, alarms, etc. I will upgrade only when I see the new firmware addresses the poor camera settings for noisy indoor pics.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hey sandeep108 we all 5800 owner have concerns with camera..... But for one thing we cannot ignore other updates ..... To stick to version v20, you may be happy but believe after you will be happier with it..., yes i know nokia have not corrected bugs un this toi, but atleast few of them are removed......like unintentted silence of calls , better performance, ks etc. Are some......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. But I do not have any such problems with v20. Only issue is clock is slow, so every month I manually adjust it by 5-10 minutes. And of course the camera and theme effects and a few niggling issues. But otherwise since about 3 months the phone has been on without a single crash. Maybe I will wait till v50...

But this will certainly be my last symbian (dumb) Nokia phone. Basic call, log, sms and calendar functionality are so pathetic for which we use phone 90% of the time. Their s40 phones are far far better in this respect. 

Message Edited by sandeep108 on 21-Jan-2010 05:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Dear Ivvine,

my product code is 0575590 and am from Kerala, India. There is no update available for me either by OTA or NSU.

From your post i understand that NSU update will be better for me as i have made a lot of customizations to my device.. So, my question is, whether I should go for a 'Nokia Care Update' or should I wait it to be available via NSU.

In some posts I see that Nokia may have discontinued updates through NSU for product codes including 0575590. Is there a chance for that?    

Waiting for your advice,

Fais 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

What customisations have you made? You will have to re-do everything if you update the firmware, whether through NSU or Nokia Care. All apps / settings, phone data have to be re-installed / restored. This is one of the biggest problems for Nokia.

Updating firmware and getting back the phone to where it was takes at least a whole day. If like me, your phone is generally ok, do not bother I have realised that it is simply not worth it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

fais123  take a backup of your phone using PC suite, then give to Nokia Care for the firmware update.

This is the best way you can do it, Once your phone is update you can restore the backup.

V 40 is very good version, till now i have tested more than 10 phone. Every phone worked fine.

Some times nokia do not release the update for certain product codes. You keep waiting waiting and waiting.

If your phone is under warrenty Nokia care will do it for free.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes, you have to take backup and restore via PC Suite. But all programs and customisations have to be re-done. If this is extensive, it can take quite some time.
Please use plain text.
sumeer

Which Nokia Care in Delhi coz i tried at Laxmi Nagar they don't have it 4.0...pls help...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Regardless of what other people here may say, even a Care Point will not be able to update your phone to V40 if that firmware version has not been released for your product code.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hey every body , I have updated it to V40 in delhi Lajpat nagar Nokia Care way back . If it was available at one nokia care month before, it must be at all nokia care , now you just have to get enough currage to go to nokia care and get yoour phone software updated. Happy V40 ... Enjoy care guys
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Your warranty has just been voided. The outfit you visited used unauthorised methods to get V40 on your phone if it has not officially been released for your product code.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
prkoparkar

Hi, I would like to share my experience  for my nokia 5800.

It has code 0575590. Stuck to V30. I tried to updater through NSU but no updates were available.

I has a problem of LCD screen flickering and for this I went to Nokia care as I have warrenty left. After changing the LCD screen they also updated the firmware to V31. I connected the phone to OVI suite and checked for available update and BINGO!!!! V40 was available for update. 

Now I have updated to V40 and it is working fantastic. My advise go to Nokia care and get your update.

I love my Nokia C7......
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
narayan1979

Yes! I came to know this firmware update will not be available in website as success rate of update using usb and FOTA is less.

So only way is to get it is to visit nokia care. It takes 30 min. Backup your data before you go there.

BTW, the maps application has improved a lot. it is actually using the A in the AGPS now only.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vikaskv

My phone has passed the warranty period. Perhaps, I have to go nokia care for firmware update. But I don't know how much would they charge in Hyderabad.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
prkoparkar

@ 250 Rs.

I love my Nokia C7......
Please use plain text.
Advisor
prkoparkar

[ Edited ]

News!!!!! V40 is available for product code 0575590 through NSU.

I love my Nokia C7......
Please use plain text.