Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

is it possible install new font on lumia 900?

Registered Member
ashish_m

is it possible install new font on lumia 900?

is it possible install new font on lumia 900? It doesn't seem to support unicode. I am not able to see nepali fonts in it. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
przwl

Re: is it possible install new font on lumia 900?

Same problem here. Did you find any solution for this ?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Hi ashish_m,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. It is not possible to install new font on Windows phone at this time, Microsoft developpers are said to be working on it. You can check this Microsoft thread where this issue is being discussed. 

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on,

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
przwl

Thanks Moderator for the link, but i see that thread was open since 2010 and still no progress. Hope they have other solution to this, i cannot accept to see boxes all over my fb and twitter posts or my emails, tomorrow i will be talking with my provider and go for the alternatives if i find no solutions.

Except this i think thePhone is just fine, i am happy with it :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dilanthaonline

[ Edited ]

WHY ON THIS EARTH NOKIA AGREED TO MAKE PHONES FOR WINDOWS !

I wish the harmatton project continues! how awesome that will be on Lumia then...! shame!

I have root Unicode font to N9 and its perfectly working, I know it will be work same in Lumia too, but how unfortunate,

This stupid microsoft system dont let anyone to access the font folder, and also if they cannot give a solution even after years now, they should at least give a app to install the fonts we like to have, while keeping their own system fonts!

I dont know why these so educated engineers does not understand, IF the phone support web, email, Wifi and 3G, and according to how the internet has been grown by now, people do have information in their own native languages, specially in facebook, gmail, blogs, news websites.

all microsoft say is working on it.. working on it.. they are converting complicated thai fonts....urgh!

Let the Thai font converted with your Rubber ETAs, but let the people install at least their unicode fonts.

Please do something NOKIA !

~ Blessed by Music ~
Please use plain text.