Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lost apps after updating to belle

rencruz21

lost apps after updating to belle

[ Edited ]

after I updated my nokia n8 to belle, some of my applications and games are gone but the memory of my phone is the same as if it doesn't lost any apps. Is there any way to retrieve/locate them?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

Yeah I have the same problem I can't find opera, nokia bubbles my games, x-plore and many other things I can't remember right now, but besides this problem the update is great!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
finfly21

I have same problem. All my angry birds were free campaing gifts. Hopefully there will be fix so I can retrive them. It looks like Nokia Suite don't restore settings and applications gategory to B.elle
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

finfly21 wrote:
I have same problem. All my angry birds were free campaing gifts. Hopefully there will be fix so I can retrive them. It looks like Nokia Suite don't restore settings and applications gategory to B.elle

yeah... But looks like no one in nokia knows how to fix this... I  have been asking everywhere else and nobody knows how to fix this, they re-install this and that but what happen to your memory you can't have it back...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

same problem here with E7 and i have a lot of apps and other settings like wlan keys etc.....

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-E7-belle-update-failed-all-apps-amp-settings-gone/td-p/1296629 

Please use plain text.
meme3101

all my other apps and games are gone too after updating my c7 to belle. but my mass and card memory is still the same before and after the update. and i can't uninstall them either, because their are not in the "Already installed" in Settings. how can we recover or uninstall the MISSING APPS??? please help us FIX this problem NOKIA!

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

[ Edited ]

yea this is a big problem.. it seems that if Belle no longer recognizes these orphaned apps, there is no way to uninstall or clean up the disk space that these apps used unless you manually dig into the file system and delete all traces.

This is not a very clean solution

Best bet is maybe just to format your mass memory before belle, and just install everything back.

Unless Nokia can come up with a better solution?

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

This issue needs urgent clarification from Nokia. I'd hate to reinstall all my apps only to find that I need to format my mass memory and do it all over again just to reclaim that orphaned space. But it's not as if apps take up a lot of space on a drive of 8GB, so as long as these orphaned apps don't cause any issue other than a relatively small amount of wasted space, it might not matter too much. Maybe that's why Nokia didn't even bother to address this?
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Hmmm.. just checked. I have 2GB unaccounted for in my mass memory. I only have a few apps installed that I can account for this, so the rest must be orphaned apps.

NOKIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kubic

[ Edited ]

I updated just 30 minutes ago and already regret it!!
How nice it is to have the update proces make a backup for you and then "FORGET"to reinstall the applications! not to mention not putting back the wifi settings and the email accounts! Also the new pulldown menu where you can shut down data wifi bluetooth etc...?.nice BUT i REALY mis the clickable battery icon, i used to switch to batterysaving mode every night..
Now i just want to roll back and get rid of Belle so i can restore my own backup with ALL my settings, at least until "BELLE" lives up to the name.
Anny suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have bought this app called navionics for 10 euros from ovi store twice now, i found some other apps that i could download as free from nokia store but i cant find this navionics balticsea and i really need it because nokia maps doesnt have sea charts.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

I can't find a way to activate vice dial via Bluetooth headset. Any ideas? And I've also lost all apps. Battery saving mode is under Power button.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

I'm not sure if it will help you guys or not, but I got a message after the update saying:

Your documents from the phone memory were copied to E:\Nokia_Belle

Maybe this is where some of the things are that you are trying to find, and where some of the space got taken up?

As for applications, the initial screen on Nokia Suite said that some applications won't work with Belle.

My own main problem right now is that Wi-Fi doesn't work (won't connect) and I don't know where to start looking for whatever is needed to fix it.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DeaN8

I just posted this in another thread, I purchased Joikuspot Premium. After updating to Belle, like you folks, it is no longer on my phone or in my download history. However, when I toggle my device to and from n8 in the nokis store, I am told that Joikuspot is not compatible with my device. In the other thread, a Nokia rep said to check with the developer. I had already done so, the Joikuspot website clearly states that Joikuspot Premium was updated already and works with Anna and Belle.
Something is not right. What is agitating is that the Nokia store doesn't even acknowledge my purchase of Joikuspot unless I remove my phone from the store prefs. It was expensive too!
I hope there is resolution for this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rainparn

Same problem! Apps are missing but mass memory is still almost full and I don'nt know how to delete or uninstall the missing apps....:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kubic

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this "update" PLEEEAAASE!!
Althoug i loved the N8 and the N78, the N73, N71,etc.I owned before, I'm about to smash it to pieces, and abandon NOKIA permanently.

What a major F*CKUP this is.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fluke_4640

[ Edited ]

Same problem!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
finfly21

[ Edited ]

I flashed back to Anna. I'll look back to Belle when this problem is solved. I know it is warranty braking stuff but my N8 took a shower in torrential rain last summer so it's anyway gone.

While waiting. Is there any way moving all my aps to memory disk?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kubic

[ Edited ]

I rolled back to Anna too!
Put back my backup and enjoying all my bought apps.
Everything works again, YES!
I'll be watching the developments concerning BELLE from a distance.
Because, who knows, maybe the issues will get resolved.
(some day)

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

regarding the topic of "orphaned apps", we are looking into this at the moment & post an FAQ as soon as possible.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.