Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lost apps after updating to belle

Contributor
finfly21

Thans Yvonne! Hopefully this issue gets solved. Belle seemed make my phine much faster and I can't wait to have it back. Having ability to install Belle is fantastic favor from Nokia! It's almost like having a new phone. It was also nice to see how well organized this relase was.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

I have no such problems. I too lost a lot of apps as stated on the upgrade to Belle start page in suite. I easily downloaded everything from store and re-installed all working fine! I have gained space in all drives 10% in C. Maybe because I had version 607 Belle that I flashed which totaly wiped phone clean even down to contacts. I then of course updated like every one else via suite on top of 607. I would also add I can see no difference between V607 and 609 I even had new social 1.5 and microsoft apps(which I refused this time around as I have no use for them) on 607
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dr4x31

It's annoying enough that some of us have to reinstall all apps on E: after the Belle update (why is this the case only for some users and not all of them? What triggered the phone to look for old apss during the install?).

However it's even more annoying, that we can't reinstall some of the purchased apps without having to BUY THEM AGAIN. E.g. in my case Astroller, Sparkle, Monopoly Classic HD, ..., which I all only had installed once, before. Astroller, Sparkle and others are not even in my Nokia Store's application list any more : ( But they are still in my purchase list, of course.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

regarding the topic of "orphaned apps", we are looking into this at the moment & post an FAQ as soon as possible.

BR,

yvonne

please please don't say that the FAQ you will release is this http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/02/08/nokia-belle-download-your-faqs-answered/?cid=ms_converse-f...

because this just keep saying the same thing that we all know about re-installing our apps NOKIA THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!! THE REAL PROBLEM IS THE MEMORY MISSING!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

if you connect your phone via mass storage in the folder sys/bin i found all the apps that I have but I dont know what to do next!!!!

Please use plain text.
sosonet009

I have the Same problem

After I update my N8 to belle all apps and games disappeared

and size of mass memory not change it is like before updating and I can't find it in installed app

nokia repair this quickly !!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
C7bangladesh

if u do install the same app that will replace the previous file... i mean if u install the previous installed app again it will took the previous space , not new space... it will help u... my suggestion is to reinstall lost app again... otherwise u cant retrieve ur free space... i lost 3 or 4 app... Most importantly Asphalt6 ... today i reinstalled it in E:\ ... after installation space remained same... but game was new... irony is that i have to complete this game again... btw, Welcome BELLE
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aresmay

guys you just need to re-install your apps and games they will not use new memory and in your games you will not lose your savegames

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

If you are sure your app is present in sys/bin folder, there is only one thing you can do. Reinstall the app. The new file will replace old one, thus taking up no additional memory. If you foot want to reinstall each and every app then the only solution left is to format your memory.But be sure to backup your photos, videos and audio files.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

Add my name to the list of N8-00 uses running into the loss of all installed apps after upgrade to Symbian Belle.  Only the stock apps are visible/available.

Lumia 920, Lumia 800
Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tanya7373

[ Edited ]

Add my name too :smileysad: Nokia sucks big time, again... And it's not only about re-installing. That would be no biggie problem. But we're talking also about apps that were paid for before, or acquired when it was free before (and made payable afterwards, e.g. FB browser), or part of the previous free Summerpackage from Nokia, etc. Would be nice to offer them for free again to all Belle users.

And what about the loss of personal data as a result of this upgrade to Belle? I also lost my Whatsapp conversations... again... for the 3rd time  :smileysad:( After the upgrade to Anna it was the same story all over again. And those ***bleep*** at Whatsapp don't bother to respond also. And trying to bring stuff back manually, is also not possible, because Noki and NBU explorer crash when opening Nokia Suite backupfiles. And those are the only app's capable of reading and extracting at a file-level. Unless Nokia Suite would be updated for this facility... too much to ask I am afraid. I am soooooo done with Nokia :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sacha_uk

Hi guys,

I am worse off I guess. I lost everything on my N8 after the upgrade to Belle. No emails, no settings, no contacts,

Besides that almost no reaction when tapping on things. I can see new incoming text messages but nothing happens when I try to open them.

I wonder whether they use quality control at Nokia or is that covered by Microsoft now?

At least have the decency to warn people that their phone will not work after an update...

Please use plain text.
sosonet009

I don't remember all apps and games for reinstall it
at least I want remove it to release my memory without formatting :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

same here. I don't care reinstalling but there is a number of apps that are paid for and now i am being asked to pay again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dr4x31

georgopl wrote:
same here. I don't care reinstalling but there is a number of apps that are paid for and now i am being asked to pay again.

Same here, too. I am also asked to REPAY for many of my purchased apps, even though they are still available for Belle in the Nokia Store and I only had installed them once, before.

Unfortunately, I can't execute the remove/reinsert mass memory E: trick as it is not removable in my N8. But as this trick works for other phones and because many users didn't loose any of their apps on E. during the update I am quite sure that there should be an easy way to trigger the phone to recheck for the old apps.

But unfortunately, Nokia doesn't seem to care about this problem, as I couldn't find any comment about it from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

I used to have the app "Where" which I used every weekend..

It's gone now, and not even available in the Ovi store, so I'm essentially screwed now out of that app.

iPhone 4S, you sound nice right now, with your sexy Siri voice.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sushilsk512

U have to download all apps and games from Ovi store again..There will not be any charge on any paid app or games ....will need free wifi or have to subscribe big data plan to download again ur fav HD games ! I lost all my games .....but got all again...all is well now ! 

Hope this will help....and sorry for bad english :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
permo

Dear Nokia support/ spokesman/woman;

I have paid for Joikuspot premium; Camera Pro etc etc. and they disappaired installing Belle.

Why can't Nokia arrange a reinstall/ download from Nokia Store without paying two times.....???

It is very annoying having this experience when updating....................

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shker007

thanks for giving me an excuse to buy IPHONE

Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

For those that have lost the previously offered free premium apps...have you tried visiting Nokia Store again? I did that and found that Angry Birds, Camera Pro and some others are offered for free again. This is in the US...not sure if it is a region-based offer.
Lumia 920, Lumia 800
Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.