Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lost apps after updating to belle

Sage
bumblebirra

Have it on my UK phone too. Angry Birds working fine. First install failed though, had to do it again.
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

But in my case for the app Where, it's not even offered in the Ovi store anymore.

So what am I supposed to do then?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
permo

No free apps on European/ Norwegian app store/ Nokia Store..................even it says I have downloaded it earlier.............:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I was thinking that it might work if you e: the private folder from to a computer. Reboot the phone and then over right it in e: . This would have a similar effect as reinserting a removable drive. I have not tried it yet but I will do tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

evildragon wrote:
I used to have the app "Where" which I used every weekend..

It's gone now, and not even available in the Ovi store, so I'm essentially screwed now out of that app.

iPhone 4S, you sound nice right now, with your sexy Siri voice.

Why don't you contact the developer in here?

http://where.com/locations/6mc5qwmgsv1w/places

Good luck!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Because most of the time they tell me that they signed a contract with Nokia that says they can't just send me the file.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
permo

Here is one of the emails receiving from one of the developers:

Hi,

Please login to Ovi/Nokia store client with the same username as during
purchase. Then you can install previously purchased apps again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Nope, not there, it acts as if I never purchased it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Unfortunately backing up e:/private, deleting, restarting, and restoring did not bring my apps back :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
evgrace26

I cant connect to joikuspot after downloading belle.any idea why
Please use plain text.
hunda67

Same here - apps lost (no they are not in the ovi store already downloaded list and yes I have paid for them), memory full of junk (e.g. 9 Nokia Belle folders), basic settings lost like data connectivity (wi-fi passwords, 3G, GPRS settings etc.). But because Nokia are a big company they won't care or do anything about it. I haven't got time to mess around with searching through memory to delete stuff etc. I certainly won't give nokia any more money downloading apps again or ever buying one of their products again. Can't see any way in which my phone is better than it was before the upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

go to my post a couple of hours ago. No replies. It was something along the lines of "Reason for lost applications" and it will explain WHY apps were lost. There is no solution. Just **bleep** work by Nokia
Please use plain text.
johngrN8

Situation concerning N8 and apps after upgrading to Belle

iam a very neat and clean owner of a N8.
Nokias' customer for many yerars.
I did all the upgrades at the time of their release and i was very carefull to what I installed. Basically tested apps Shazam Whatsup and HD games (Nokia's gifts and also paid for 2-3)

My expirience after upgrading to Belle ¨

-i admit is a major step ahead concerning speed and functionality, smooth operation, less freezes, most widgets work fine, social networking recovered, Nokia store opens and functions nice. Browser is better faster and more functional
-Photos videos contacts(even photos of contacts), favorites,calendar,notes, maps, voice guidance all remain ok no problem

But:
-95% of the apps were lost but still the mass memory is occupied as if there are in
-Cant find any *.sis files of them (try it from the pc and the phone's file manager)
-Nokia store history does not have record of the Nokia gift apps i had, i must pay to download them (exaple Angry birds Rio,Season, Spiderman etc.) Due to many upgrades of the old Ovi store> Nokia store later, many disfunctionalities appeared, i remember a time of an upgrade when one time Ovi store was opening and the next day the Nokia store version...For sure all these complications mixed up the record history and etc
 -I had to reinstall Whats up and lost all conversations (i was hoping that after reinstalling some registry mix will happen but no..)

My suggestion:
-release all  gift packs you uploaded the last 2 years
-work with mass memory if there is any case to recover the lost apps

Belle sure worths the upgrade and i hope the apps issue will besolved

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ertandub

Hi Yvonne,

Any news ?
Where is the promised FAQ, ten days after ???
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ertandub

Unfortunately you're wrong : this may have worked fine for you, but others like me are asked to repay several apps, even while listed in my download history on the store...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ertandub,

Here is a link to the Belle FAQ. Check the "Nokia Belle & Applications" section. I hope you find the answer from there.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
felixcat96

C7bangladesh wrote:
if u do install the same app that will replace the previous file... i mean if u install the previous installed app again it will took the previous space , not new space... it will help u... my suggestion is to reinstall lost app again... otherwise u cant retrieve ur free space... i lost 3 or 4 app... Most importantly Asphalt6 ... today i reinstalled it in E:\ ... after installation space remained same... but game was new... irony is that i have to complete this game again... btw, Welcome BELLE

But what if thats a Priced Apps? I have to pay again and download? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

If you want to regain lost space and you Cant find the app again in store- then sadly you will have to format your memory. I know this is the ultimate step, but one is helpless.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hendersoniain

Bit late posting faq's a week or two after the event. nokia is no help - no compensation for missing paid for apps - just go round in circles with them telling me to download them from my stuff and when i tell them they are not there they ask for transaction id's which I tell them are not available because the update deleted the e-mails with transaction id's and then they come back and tell me to download them from my stuff and i tell them ..............

Regarding other issues with my phone they just tell me to format the memory and install the update again - not likely after the hassles of installing it in the first place. Will just buy a new phone - it's the easiest solution and it won't be a nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansum78

Just restore to factory settings(delete and restore).

Caution: Before restore take a backup of your phone. (only your contacts, messages and your calender).

Then you install n number of apps. 

Please use plain text.