Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lost apps after updating to belle

Contributor
dr4x31

hendersoniain wrote:

they ask for transaction id's which I tell them are not available because the update deleted the e-mails with transaction id's

You should be able to see the transaction numbers from overview of purchased apps, e.g. in Nokia Suite. Just klick "Show Details" next to the app.

I also can't download 6 of my purchased apps (and of course also all apps which I got for free from one of the Nokia "events").

For 3 of my purchased apps I am asked to buy them, again. Is it a coincidence that I have bought all 3 of them more than 1 year ago?

Nokia support kind of ignores all my mails about this issue. I just have sent them the 4th mail : (

And this issue is also ignored here :smileysad: . We only get stupid answers such as: You will have to reinstall the apps if you lost them during the belle update etc. No details on why some of us lost all their apps during update and others not. No answer on how to trigger Belle to look again for the installed apps and reactivate them - because they are still on the phone and are blocking memory - we just can't access them! And of course no answer on how to remove this blocked memory, if there is no way to reinstall/reactivate the apps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hendersoniain

You should be able to see the transaction numbers from overview of purchased apps, e.g. in Nokia Suite. Just klick "Show Details" next to the app.

Nope the apps aren't there either.......

Please use plain text.
Tibble

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

regarding the topic of "orphaned apps", we are looking into this at the moment & post an FAQ as soon as possible.

BR,

yvonne

Nice to see that after 2.5 weeks there still is no new update on how to resolve this problem, and what you are currently doing to prevent this from happening in the future.
Besides that, I think it is a disgrace that the rollout of Symbian Belle is continueing as usual, while this important error is still present. After two-and-a-half week of ignoring your customers, please help yourselves and fix/prevent the problem, or pause the rollout!

Please update us upon further actions, and what we can do ourselves to regain our apps (please tell me, that reinstalling them one by one is not necessairy).

Please use plain text.
Tibble

finfly21 wrote:

I flashed back to Anna. I'll look back to Belle when this problem is solved. I know it is warranty braking stuff but my N8 took a shower in torrential rain last summer so it's anyway gone.

While waiting. Is there any way moving all my aps to memory disk?

How did manage to flash back to Anna?

Since the back-up/restore function only restores the data and not the operating sytem I am having trouble achieving this. (also thanks for the restore functionality Nokia).
I am finding out that besides apps, also my mesaages and agenda items are missing.  Again, what is NOKIA currently doing for in order to resolve this problem?

In the meanwhile, can anybody explain to me how I can flash back to anna?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kubic

[ Edited ]

just use any search engine and look for :
"How to downgrade Nokia N8 from Symbian Belle to Symbian Anna" or similar.
As always do so as descibed at your own risk..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
loub

I found the solution to reinstall lost apps on german site.

Connect the phone to your pc as mass memory. Then go to the folder "private" and search for *.sis files. Copy the files to a new folder on mass memory, disconnect the phone from pc and run the *.sis files in the new folder. The installation starts and you can see the name of the app. Press OK and the installation runs and everything is like before. The icons of the apps are in the menu and the game savings are also there.

@nokia: I searched and waited for this easy solution for over a month. This is really poor that your support is unaware of this!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dr4x31

loub wrote:
I found the solution to reinstall lost apps on german site.

Connect the phone to your pc as mass memory. Then go to the folder "private" and search for *.sis files. Copy the files to a new folder on mass memory, disconnect the phone from pc and run the *.sis files in the new folder.

Thank you loub, I could recover many my apps with your hint!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shker007

couldnt find that private folder :smileysad: please help! its not hidden either...  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
loub

shker007, you have to change the usb settings of your mobile to "mass memory". In mode "Nokia Ovi Suite" the folder private isn't visible.

Please use plain text.
Sage
roope70

So now I managed to re-install Angry Birds onto my C7-00, and didn't even have to pay. I had been playing for countless hours I now have to start all over again. How very rewarding. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
DeDragonSlayer

@loub

Thanks a lot for sharing this solution. Finally I got my nokia gift apps back on my N8.

Please use plain text.
hollyrose89

ive tried copying and pasting the .sis files into a new folder i called sis, but everytime i try and intall it starts then says the files corrupted.

is there something im missing?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shker007

thanks it only worked for fruit ninja in my case the rest are corrupted :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FragileSoul

Actually no, that doesn't really help at all to those of us who have completely lost game data that has taken a lot of effort to build up. I only got round to reluctantly upgrading to Belle last night and after noticing a lot of missing apps and other issues I did a reset so I could try a clean restore (it'd had frozen part way through the process). 

Since having done that I have absolutely no apps left at all - not even on my memory card which should not have been affected. I'm so angry because these issues keep cropping up. Belle was launched in February and yet here we are in May with major problems still. Why *should* people have to completely reinstall every single app? Most of which we've actually PAID for and have to pay again because the store doesn't recognise we've already bought it even though it's in our download history? Why should we lose important data and files off our phones with absolutely no warning at all? I've tried the reinstall via Nokia Suite and it now warns me about not saving gama/app data but I had no such warning before commencing with the upgrade initially. Had I known I'd have kept on avoiding it.

I have been a loyal Nokia customer since my very first mobile in 1998. I've only ever bought Nokias despite the issues I've had over the years but this is the final straw now. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FragileSoul

^ Oops my post meant to have quoted the post by Jampe (Nokia rep) on post 56.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PMM1

Re: lost apps after updating to belle - Navionics

Yes, losing Navionics on the Belle update was very annoying. The Navionics website claimed in March 2012 that they now had a product that was compatible with N8, E7 etc... though it doesn't mention Belle. Anyway, it has yet to appear in the Nokia Store.

Please use plain text.
caponebas

@All, iv got d same prob. Its very frustatin. Was realy into d cool games on my phone but they r all gon now.
@Nokia, do smtin fast 2 restore d games back
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Legion_Lad

Re: lost apps after updating to Belle (REFRESH)

Hey Nokia...I lost almost all the built in apps after updating from Belle to Belle REFRESH...while there was mentioned that there will be new apps after installing the new update like asobe,office,maps...but nothing was there...infact i lost these apps

1: Photo Editor

2:video Editor

3:Map Loader

4:Battery Monitor

Now I want your help...from where I will download these apps..

2nd problem is I cant connect to Internet,when i press the Data button in Notification pull down menu there is no Internet connecting sign on the top of the screen,and i cant use Internet.......

SO what should I do Please Nokia help me out

plzzzzzzzzz waiting for your response

Please use plain text.