Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 520 update

emosharma

lumia 520 update

I cant update my lumia even if I have unlimited 3g plan. It says connect to wifi. Its very irritating. Even cant downloading 50mb game from window store. Why didn't they do something. Small flaw like this will discard window mobile altogether one day.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: lumia 520 update

hi mate,

although there are a number of users with unlimited data plans, there are also a lot of users around the world where mobile data is scarce/expensive, therefore the policy to update apps above a certain file size / firmware updates makes complete sense. there is nothing that can be done about this unfortunately, if you wish to leave feature requests then you can do so via this link: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sachinus

i agree that data chrges are relatively high in many parts of the world. But why do they believe that
wi-fi is cheaper? It is as expensive!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

depends where you go. bear in mind that many free WiFi hotspots are turning up around the world, in hotels to restaurants to universities. it appears to be a case of what-best-fits-all, so if you do have feedback, you can add to the vote over at the link i gave you in my earlier post.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
senbiswadeep

Purchased my Lumia 520 in India from Nokia online shop. The issue is that I haven't got the Amber update on my 520. Only got updated to GDR 2. It's really pathetic to learn that so many customers in India are still facing the same issue and not even a single word from Nokia or any of it's representatives on this issue. Did a bit of research and found that people who are facing this issue have the Firmware No. Starting with "10....." whereas others have received the Amber. Their Firmware No. starts with "3....". The point is that why Nokia has sold thousands of such sets with that Firmware in India if that isn't the official Firmware intended for India. Secondly, if they have already sold such sets then why are they now not providing the Amber updates to those customers.It is really pathetic support from Nokia.

After using Nokia sets for the last 12 years, for the first time i am feeling that sticking with Nokia and buying Lumia has been a big mistake. Looks like Nokia no longer values problems faced by it's loyal customer ☹
Please use plain text.