Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: mail box problems after Belle update

Advisor

mail box problems after Belle update

I had a perfectly working E6 phone and just finished the o/s update.  It removed all my email accounts and after installing one account it will only give me the "email server connection unavailible, try later" message and will not allow me to add the rest of my email accounts.  HUGE problem for me.  How do I fix this? or go back to my old operating system that worked?  I have tried reset, restore, taken out the battery and sim card and left set and rest to factory defaults and nothing works.   Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k75rt

I have the same problem with an N8. No idea what to do.
Please use plain text.
Night_Hawk

I have the same problem, can't add any mailbox. Keep getting the error ''Unable to connect to mail service server. Try again later.''.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Is your data connection working otherwise? If not, do you have any traffic monitor app installed like SPB monitor?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Night_Hawk

My data connection is working. I have tried to add mailboxes while connected to mobile data and my Home WiFi network. Both gave the same error.

I do not have any traffic monitor apps installed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ok I read this on another topic simular.   This is crazy to have to do in my opinion but it did work so here goes.   

1.  Turn the phone off

2.  Remove the battery

3.  Remove the sim card

4   leave it sit for about 10 minutes.

5  reinstall the sim and battery

6  turn it on and don't reset the time and date yet.

7  try adding a mailbox.  it should let you do so

(you may have to do this for each added mailbox, I did)  after finished setting up the mailboxes then reset the time and date.  As I said this is the craziest thing to have to do but it did work for me as it did for some others.   I will have to say a few days later the phone decided to rename my mailboxes from what I had to something of it' s liking?   I got it changed back and it has lasted for the last few days so we will see if that continues.   I also now have radom freeze ups that I never had before even one time before the update to Belle!  How I wish I could go back!

Please use plain text.
khudeir

I really wish to resolve the mail issue with my E7-00 (recently updated to Belle).

But Can not remove the battery for this model.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Imad.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You can simulate removal of battery by pressing the power button for more than 8 seconds... And try the above approach.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
khudeir

It worked, removed the SIM, restarted the phone, connected to WiFi and was able to set up gmail account, Cheers.

Please use plain text.
bstamato

hello, I have the same problem after the last update to Belle on my C7.

I tried what you propose (remove the battery, don't set the time, etc...) but it did not work.

After I removed the battery for some hours, when I pass the time setting, the phone put arbitrarly an other time/date, I set up the mail box, set up after the correct time/date, and it still don't work.

Everything worked well before the update, all connections (internet and wifi) are working well also. I'm also sure that my mail box configuration details are correct since I sent a mail with it and the mail was sent (I read it on my mail box on my computer). So the phone can clearly connect to my mail box even if it says that it don't.

Can someone have an other solution or can explain me what I did wronf with the proposed precedure?

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tullulah83

I am having problems with the mail app on my c7.  When I add on my hotmail I get the same message every time:  "Cannot enable the mail service that allows you to fully experience your favourite providers beacuse the connection to the mail server is not possible with the settings provided"

I am able to connect to internet with packet data and wifi, I have tried manually adding on hotmail with pop3 settings but I still cannot access my custom folders.

Any ideas??!!

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamieklo

[ Edited ]

Go to clock settings and make sure that "Automatic time update" is set to on and then it should let you set up a mailbox instead of the error ''Unable to connect to mail service server. Try again later.''

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NP24

None of the following two worked!!!!

A. Turn of the mobile for 10 min etc. etc. B. Change Clock Setting to Auto-Update

Any other ideas, please????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ruwan

also i have face same problem. Pls help ,e
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Night_Hawk wrote:

Can't add any mailbox. Keep getting the error ''Unable to connect to mail service server. Try again later.''.

Please, continue there …

Please use plain text.