Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

minor irritant post Belle update

Contributor
CGG1
Accepted Solution

minor irritant post Belle update

This is only a minor thing but it would be nice to sort it out. I have an N8, recently updated from Anna to Belle. A couple of days after installing Belle I got a message on the phone that there were updates waiting - the odd looking symbol on the status bar at the top. I dragged the status bar down and clicked on 'updates available' and installed the two that were shown. However, the status bar icon did not go away. It is still saying 'updates available' but when I clcik on that it checks and comes back saying everything is up to date. Is there any way, short of a hard reset, that I can get rid of the icon until there really are updates available?

As i said, this is only an irritant and it doesn't affect the functionailty at all.

Chris

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: minor irritant post Belle update

Hi CGG1,

Welcome to the Nokia discussion boards!

Did you try restarting your phone and see if the icon still appears in the status bar? If you have, try the following reset, which won't delete any for your data.

Soft Reset:
Enter into your keypad *#7780# and when prompted, enter the default passcode 12345. If you have changed the code, it will be the code you changed it to.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.