Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n85 map update!

banginas06
Accepted Solution

n85 map update!

would sm1 pls tell me why nokia faild 2find a map update n other software 4 n85,
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Are you sure you haven't got the latest software and maps version installed onto your device?

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
banginas06

yes' am sure of that, the lastst version is tht ov Nuv. 2009, n is sayn update nt available whn ever i tried 2update it, n for the map, i cant access it, it's sayn intalld d latest version of ovi map. Whch is nt available for n85 also when evar i tried. Thanks, coz i urgntly nid ur help
Please use plain text.
banginas06

is thre no soln 2my fon?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

From Nokia Maps v3.04 the maps format has changed. Earlier versions of Nokia Maps do not support the new format. The latest Maps version available for the N85 is v3.01

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
banginas06

yes! But pls help me with link for the map. Coz i searched but ol i got is -ve response, pls help me. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

The easiest way to obtain the most recent version of maps for your N85 would be to install Nokia Suite and use the included map loader.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@banginas06

Hopefully your screen in Ovi Maps > Tools > about now looks like this with latest map data:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
nick4

Yes there is a solution for it...Im currently using ovi maps 3.04 on my Nokia n85...It runs smooth and its free...Contact me here...Il help u install...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

As this is a manufacturer's sponsored forum the policy will remain that Ovi Maps v3.04 is NOT available for this particular S60 3rd Ed. FP2 device.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.