Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

new update 7.8 for lumia 710

Registered Member
msk_saravanan

i run windows 7.8 in nokia lumia 710

[ Edited ]

i own nokia lumia 710 and i run windows 7.8 

its prety good with some updated feature 

but some apps which are supported by 7.5 

is not available for 7.8 for example uc browser.....!!!!!!!

thats the only disadvantage in it and the bluetooth share and ringtone maker rockzzzzzzzzzzzzz

both apps need tobe updated

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: i run windows 7.8 in nokia lumia 710

These apps are 3rd party so you need to contact the app developer and request the updates. Chances are they are waiting for WP7.8 to be properly released before updating. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
agyour

Re: new update 7.8 for lumia 710

when will 7.8 update will be availabe in India through Zune ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Axeman08

@Ravibhalekar123 and vky4raj: U guys have updated your devices. My concern is the volume level drop by 50% after the update. Did U guys noticed any thing like this so far???? I've got a lumia 710 with reliance as my service provider. I haven't got the update yet
I'd spoken to the representative from Microsoft on a live chat few days ago regarding the issue and she said that some people are forcing the update which might result in such problems.... I'm waiting for the update to appear in Zune.
I'll be grateful if U guys let me know your experience on the update.....
Thanks.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anujminda

when will i get 7.8update for vodafone lumia710?

Please use plain text.
dixboy

Let us know, when does 7.8 update available in Zune, as many lumia710 users are awaiting to enjoy new features.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
walkerchild

When will 7.8 update for the lumia 710 be available in South Africa
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Release of 7.8 update is still in progress. No specific date as to when it would be available for your device. Best action is to regularly check Zune software and set your settings so that once it is available, you will be notified.

The Windows Phone 7.8 update is now rolling out for Nokia Lumia smartphones through February. Delivery of the update is operator dependent, meaning you will receive a notification in the coming weeks if you have an unlocked phone or if your operator has approved the update. If you don’t receive the update notification within the next three weeks, please contact your operator for more information.

Source: http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/01/30/get-even-more-from-your-nokia-lumia-with-windows-phone-7-8...

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor
galley8181

my lumia never updated still after 3 hors updating it i had done everything it told me to do and i had recieved the update on my phone and connted it and used zune to update it and now theirs still no sign of the update on the phone again would it still pop up on my phone to let me still update please help me 

petergalley
Please use plain text.
LMMVC

...Delivery of the update is operator dependent, meaning you will receive a notification...

Hi there, i have a nokia lumia 800 and still didn't get the update. What about the phones that are operator free,  fully unbloqued? Getting the update will depend on what?????

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Aside from operator, availability of software updates also depends on the product code and region. If you are still unable to update your phone, you can check with the repair facility if they can do it for you. :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
LMMVC

Actually i already did that, but the official NOKIA store in Lisbon, told me that i would have to pay for the update...

This is just unbelievable, a client buys a 500 euros phone, and if he wants to update his phone he must pay for it.

I should have bought HTC instead of NOKIA...

Considering the facts, will i ever be able to update my LUMIA 800 to WP 7.8???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aryan_khag

Is update is available in India
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VarunG

buddy i would like to tell you that i have got my lumia 710 updated to win 7.8.

it is proved beneficial to me. Most importantly it has incresed battery backup ( although not sure of how ) , but it really has. I have got resizable tabs. Bluetooth share is not a proper working software , hence no effect. 

But the update has reduced the working speed of phone. It is now slower in responsiveness .

i am satisfied with battery backup increase , else i would have gone back to 7.5 . So your choice. :smileyhappy:

Axeman08 wrote:
@Ravibhalekar123 and vky4raj: U guys have updated your devices. My concern is the volume level drop by 50% after the update. Did U guys noticed any thing like this so far???? I've got a lumia 710 with reliance as my service provider. I haven't got the update yet
I'd spoken to the representative from Microsoft on a live chat few days ago regarding the issue and she said that some people are forcing the update which might result in such problems.... I'm waiting for the update to appear in Zune.
I'll be grateful if U guys let me know your experience on the update.....
Thanks.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VarunG

yes , but not very advisable.
Please use plain text.
maxcherry

Updated this morning. UK T-Mobile useing Zune and the disconecting from the net method.

Not really worth it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MDom515

Can you play Jetpack Joyride on Windows Phone 7.8? Its not compatible with my 7.5...this is my first time using a Windows Phone... >_>
Is there another way to update my phone without using Zune?
Please use plain text.