Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 5130 memory problem after update

nokia 5130 memory problem after update

i've been facing problemes installing themes, apps & updating music libary,, i reinstalled my frimware and still my phone shows phone memory 2.2 mb only...why is that... ?
Please use plain text.

which version of firmware u have installed?
Please use plain text.

i have the sam problem

vargin now v 6.65

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello Everybody can someone help me i have my nokia5130 and when i was updating it to 6.65 my pc restarted and after then my cell is not geting on when i press power button it blinks and thats all i am so woried coz i just bought it 1 week plese tell me what should i do i am waiting.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
island3r

Because you didn't reset your phone after the update. If you do that everything on the phone's memory will be erased.
N78
5800XM
Please use plain text.

thank u for your repaly i restart my phone meny times but it still free 4 mega only
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
island3r

No you need to RESET it, not restart it.
N78
5800XM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

seems to be a little conflicting advice here, are you saying that after you updated your phone the phone won't start up at all? and the lights will just blink and that is it? or that you can get into the menus of the phone? if you can get into the menus of the phone, what Island3r is referring to is to Restore your phone to factory settings. this won't delete all the data off your phone memory, but will aid in freeing up a lot of the phone memory.

however, if your 5130 will not start up at all, or if the memory is rather low, then you will have to take your phone to your local Nokia Care Centre for them to take a  look at. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.

Seems like every other Nokia 5130 user is facing the same problem i-e gradually decreasing phone memory. I also face the same problem but the reason which i found is whenever i connect my phone to PC with data cable, the process somehow is eating up the phone memory. 

What is the solution of this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

No solution as of yet, there were reports that many users are facing problems with the phone memory, and also that for some product codes the firmware version 6.65 was pulled from the Nokia servers. All you can do in this case is wait for newer firmware versions to be released. This may be a matter of weeks or months, but as the 5130XM is a recent model, so I anticipate that there will be a few more new firmware updates coming for this phone. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Please use plain text.

is this true for 5130 c 2 as well???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

When I refer to the 5130, I mean all models. So yes, the 5130c as well. 

Please use plain text.

well.....how can i reset my phone?...n where can i get the firmware....?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

nokia 5130 software v6.65 not upgrade to 6.94

i cant access nokia sotware updater sevice.

it shows "Sorry the nokia software updater sevice is currently  unavailable please try again later"

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

Re: nokia 5130 is not updating

my nokia 5130 product code 0585577 is not updating by nokia software updater it shows try agian later ,so please when its update  available for my cell. its code is 0585577& software version is 06.93please tell me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

hell dear, i also update my nokia 5130 xm v7.91 i also face the same problem .i adviced to you to replace your phone .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i've got the same problem.

I tried to update my nokia 5130 xpress music from 6,25 to the newest software
it sad that if i cut the usb connection there would be difficulties with my mobile

suddenly my 5130 disconnected the connection -.-

since then i can't start it any more
it's a horribile situation PLEASE help me i'm so disperated
(sorry for my english it isn't that good 'cause i'm from germany)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

PLEASE RESET YOUR SETTING AFTER UPDATE.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
imrs

my nokia 5130 phone is having problem ,my phone memory is showing only 1.4 mb i have updated it but still it doesnt solvd my problem so please provide me a good solution quickly.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

PLEASE RESET YOUR SETTING AFTER UPDATE. DEAR ITS NECEAARY FIRST DO THIS , YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVE . Note: RESTORE YOUR PHONE BY USING "RESTORE ALL "FUCTION FROM SETTING.

Please use plain text.