Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: nokia 5130 out of memory

nokia 5130 out of memory

I have a 5130 c-2 xpressmusic and i'm having the "out of memory" problem. i know i should reinstall the firmware because there's no update available for my phone at the moment, but the problem is (i know it's dumb) i don't know where i can find the firmware. i've been searching on nokia site and nokia forum but couldn't find what i need.

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

You can download the Nokia Software Updater here. Backup your phone memoy using Nokia PC Suite before you start the update process. Download it from here.
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.

it's not the updater that i want. i need to reinstall the whole firmware because there's no update available and it won't install. is there any possibility to reinstall the whole firmware, not to update it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am having the same same problem,but mine is even worse, i have only 102kb left. I have tried the Nokia updater but what it only does is Reset my settings only, note settings only. We need someone who understands this issue right and not just post a reply for the sake of posting. I am situated in an area where you wont find any Nokia Vendors around unless you travel hundreds of miles. I know that you understand how it feels to have insufficient shared memory,so please help me out of this.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

oblivion91, first you need to download and install NSU. Then, connect your phone and run the updater. You should choose to reinstall the firmware. NSU will download the binaries from the Nokia servers. The firmware cannot be downloaded separately. Hope this clarifies.

FLEXZ_, I do understand your woes. But unfortunately there is little we can do other than what I've suggested. Reinstalling the firmware helps, most of the times. If you do not have an option to take your phone to a service center, then I'm afraid, you are left with no choice but to live with it. You can write to Nokia using the Contact Us link on the top right of the webpage. This MAY evoke some response but do not expect too much.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont know what just happened 2ma phone. But the good think is that, i have the phone memory shoot from 130kb to 20.6mb. The browser is not working but i got a downloaded OM 4.2 so I have got no problem with it. I have noted that the default theme, two games and a number of ringtones got deleted. I dont understand exactly what happened, but I reinstalled the firmware on Tuesday. Nothing changed then,but I restored everything today and that is what I got. Remember that this was not the first time, I had nothing changed the first time. Anyway am glad. Is there anything else you would to know? Email me at kimflex34@googlemail.com or post it here I will get back.
Please use plain text.
qadeleke

i had a problem similar to this.when i first my phone I tried every theme that came my way unknown to me that 5130 has a default setting of storing applied theme under phone memory which can't be seen by the phone. I read on one forum that i should download a computer application "OXYCUBE" a pc suite for all phone that has the ability to see hidden file.i deleted all the nth file and gained about 21mb. But mind you oxycube see all file so don't tamper with what you don't understand or you might cause another big problem.
Please use plain text.