Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 5800 v31 india

Advisor

@KKMS, check if u get the updated version from NSU then update else the last go is to go NC n get the updates
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Hello people V31 is now available in india, its official and its on the Nokia india website but still not availbale for my product code :smileysad:  going to wait for some more time

http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update#

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

for me also the, the update was not available for the product code, but i did the update from NC..u can try for that..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

I am going to wait for a week and go to a nokia care point i reckon its made available just now so we can wait until they release for all product codes this information was not there on the website yesterday

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

v40 is available for india :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hows this possible

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

When did you check and did it come up in the 'can i update' page on the nokia website for your product code, it was released recently still not available for my product code

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i upgrade my phone last night. It is available for my product code and yesterday only nokia released that. Check using NSU if that is available for your product code. the below are mentioned changes in v40:

Nokia 5800 Firmware v40 Changelog:

• Kinetic scrolling
  • Home style widget with Nokia 5530
  • if you rotate the phone horizontally, it automatically activates the QWERTY keyboard
  • Refresh Icons “Sharing Online”, “Configuring Accessories”, “Configure Phone”
  • Improved application “Updating Applications”, which also renames Upgrade SW
  • The application “Data transfer” was also implemented in “Settings”
  • Real Player Updated
  • Touch more responsive
  • Slide to Unlock during call
  • Improved stability
  • New contact & music widget
  • Kinetic Scrolling is not available in main menu, application menu, browser.
  • Home Screen similar to that of Nokia 5530
  • Removed the alphanumeric keypad in landscape version, now when we turned the phone alphanumeric portrait changes to full qwerty
  • New screen alarm, but only when the screen is locked
  • New screen incoming call, also only when the screen is locked
  • Ovi Contacts installed
  • In the settings menu there is a new icon for ‘Phone Switch'
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I'm from india and having version 30.0.011 in 5800 xpressmusic. i just read that v40 available in india. can u tell me the procedure to upgrade the firmware. bcoz i can't find it anywhere. Service provider is vodafone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

updating to new firmware depends on product code which represents your region of purchasing, language pack and if it's branded or not .... so NOKIA releases firmwares and release it for every product code depending on mentioned points

if ur product code hasn't the v.40 update, that means that nokia didn't release it for your product code yet or your phone is branded with an operator and that means that you should go to the operator care center

to check for your product code / firmware ::

http://mea.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

The product code is printed on the white label beneath the battery (e.g. CODE: 0520001). 

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.