Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6120 classic software update

Accepted Solution

nokia 6120 classic software update

I m using nokia 6120 classic with firmware version 3.83. i want to upload it to version 6.01. i tried to upgrade it using my mobile through.. check for updates ... option but it replied no updates are available. then i tried it through pc. now whenever i try to install the nokiasoftwareupdater_en..... it replies with a msg.. a fatal error occured during the installation....... i m unable to install it...

so how can i upgrade my firmware version for my phone... plzzzzzzzzzzz help me out 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: nokia 6120 classic software update

Try downloading NSU again, make sure you're downloading from Nokia's official Web site. Check the system for viruses, download and install all lates OS updates, run registry cleaners (Ccleaner for example). Try another computer or (everything else failing) reinstall Windows. NSU normally installs without a problem.
v05.15 | 30-Apr-2009 | RM-328 | © Nokia 6220c-1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate kudobeggars!
Please use plain text.

i had exact the same problem ! updating from 3.83 to latest...

i tried few months ago - .. check for updates ... option but it replied no updates are available.

today i've installed new update software, and the software found v.6.01

i started automatic update. when the update was at 100% i got the same error message.. a fatal error occured during the installation....... unable to install it...

the phone freezed.. i had to remove the battery to start the phone again. i checked the software on the phone and it is 6.01.  so now  i don't know if the software is ok, or it is somehow damaged, since the instalation was not complete...

Please use plain text.
njones

Hello!

I'm using 6120c with firmware version 3.83. The product-code of my phone is 0546333, the latest firmware version available for this is 5.11. But the latest firmware version for 6120c is 6.01 and it's available for product-code 0546339, for example, and for many other product-codes. Why? What does it depend on?

My evolution: Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6120 Classic -> Nokia E71 -> Nokia N97 Black
From Russia with love...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[b]mstyling[/b], if it works fine - it works fine. :smileyhappy: If the update went all the way to 100% - it is likely that after-flash resets failed only. To be sure, you can reset the phone by dialing *7370# (be sure to back up your data first).

[b]njones[/b], the version available depends on your product code and can be dependent on a number of reasons, such as operator customization or even Nokia's geographical priorities.

v05.15 | 30-Apr-2009 | RM-328 | © Nokia 6220c-1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate kudobeggars!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ardrich

hi there. my phone is also nokia 6120c and i am having a problem with my phone memory, it says there that my memory in use is 43MB out of 56MB I think. First, I try to reset it from factory settings to erase all of it but it still it is 43MB and then I go to software update to reformat it but surprisingly, nothing has changed to my phone except that when I press *#0000# the firmware is updated. How this thing happen? Can you give me advices? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ardrich

thanks anyway. i already found the solution. i just press *#7370# hard reset.. :-) now my phone is reset to original state

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bwfg1968

Hi all It is now july 2010 has ths problem been fixed?

I have just updated my 6120 classic and the clock feature does not work .

Used the Nokia update software to update and it has taken me to ver 4.21 

Thanks

B

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuDaGe

i have a nokia 6120 and i already running the firmware of 7.10 haha
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuDaGe

country variants
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

yeah depends on product code and 7.10 isint the latest, 7.20 is. im surprised its not on all codes now as the phone is almost four years old
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sifat

My mobile is nokia 6120c(B08.01)
v6.01 rm 243.but when i update my
device software its show me that no
updates available.i want to update
the v7.20 please help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MSRT_COMPUTER

Dear all Members Assalam_0_Alaikum I hope you are fine Dear all members i need your really help i've nokia 6120 classic v07.10 (B20.03) my problem is this that i also Nimbuzz user but i once formated my phone via this code *#7370# and again i download Nimbuzz on my mobile then during installation display this error message "Expired Certificate" please dear all members tell me i how solve to this problem please please help me thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nzm94

pls try on NOKIA OVI SUITE
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nzm94

hi frnd.. salaam...
im also experiencing this condition on my nokia 6120c.. pls forward me the answer you got...
thankyou
salaam...!
Please use plain text.
irfanarazeen

My Nokia 6120 Classic Certificate out of Date Pls Tell Me How to Update?

Please use plain text.
farusim

my nokia 6120 classic  ko format karne ke bad nimbuzz ka software download nahi ho raha hai please solve problem

Please use plain text.
abdirizak

my nokia is 6120c i dont have nimbuzz and i cant download my app and certificated management is RSA DATA SECURITY IS.NOT DON
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shibleeansari16

Go and change your date setting to back like 2011 or 2010 then it will be download
Please use plain text.
sazu

I updated my nokia 6120 by latest version 7.20 but when i installing any software my show me that 'expired certificate; now how can i do?
Please use plain text.