Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 6700 slide software update

Registered Member
seshan89

nokia 6700 slide software update

hi ppl. i checked for updating my phone software thro ovi suite. but it says that the update cannot be done because of some non commercial content on the phone. wat does it mean? wat should i do to overcome this and proceed with my update?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xyster13

Re: nokia 6700 slide software update

there is a new software update????  i checked 2 weeks before, there was no updates. just old one and i could just reinstal old one :crying:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try doing it thru' the Nokia software Updater instead...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xyster13

will check soon

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You can check here, whether update is available or not..

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

Availability depends on region /  Product code..

A Network locked phone can be upgraded only when it is approved by the Operator..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xyster13

nope, no updates available. latest version is my current cersion- 032.005

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem, my phone is "branded" to Vodafone & has software 032.005, yet the version for unlocked phones is 033.014.

Nokia state "note that not all countries and operators support the latest version".

There is a link for software upgrades on the Vodafone site, that simply goes back to the Nokia site!

Vodafone's comment is

Why doesn't Vodafone issue software updates at the same time as the manufacturer?

Prior to releasing or approving any software update for users who have bought a phone from us, we test it thoroughly to ensure it gives you the best possible experience on our network.
Our testing process begins as soon as we receive the software, which often happens once the manufacturer has already released the open market version of the software. During the review process, we report any issues with the software back to the manufacturer for them to address. Once the firmware is approved by us, we return it to the manufacturer and they will then distribute the software to users through the appropriate channels.

We undertake this process with every device that we sell, regardless of whether or not the phone contains our branded software.

I have e-mailed Vodafone asking why I still have a 8 month old version of software, when numerous updates have been made. So far no response ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Had e-mail from Nokia advising new software available, just updated to 033.014

Please use plain text.
justinsaxena

i updated my phone few months back and had some new features.one of them was social phonebook feature which enables facebook updates in contact list.but few days later i had to format my phone and after format the social phonebook was not anymore in the contacs.ever since i had 3 updates but still cant get back the social phonebook feature.

please help.

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahul12354

how to update my 6700 slide software...plz tell me process
Please use plain text.