Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n95 software update

Advisor

nokia n95 software update

hi everyone

i was using nokia software updator last night and it informed me that new software version 20 is available for my nokia n95.
so i decided to update it.
everything went smoothly .it downloaded 115MB approx software and started updating the software untill from no where a message comes saying

phone recovery

1: remove the battery and the charger
2: put the battery and the charger back
3: switch on the phone by pressing the power key for a few seconds and press the try again

i have tried to act upon this many times but nothing happens and this message comes up again.

now all my phone shows is a static white screen with nokia logo

and i have to remove the battery to switch it off.

i have tried to repeat the updating software process again but to my anoyance no success.

if anybody has experienced this problem and knows the solution please let me know so that i can bring my phone back to life

thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: nokia n95 software update

[ Edited ]
Try a hard reset.

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia logo or shows other signs of life like the language selction screen.

Also take a look at this thread by "nando61" for an alternative revcovery method. It's for a different model but it may work.
/discussions/board/message?board.id=hardware&message.id=4118#M4118

If all that fails then your only option is a trip to the nokia care point/service centre.

Care points:

UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com and select your country.

Message Edited by psychomania on 05-Feb-2008 02:35 PM
Please use plain text.

Re: nokia n95 software update

Hi,

I can't believe it!
I make it work.

Even the Updater screen stucked in the phone recovery it was clear that is becuase it could not modifiy or update the phone.
And the reason of this was that I had installed Kaspersky mobile security and F-Secure antivirus.
I had removed them and tried the installation again and voila. It worked out.
I am very dissaponted that after restoring the backup to memory card that i did before updating the firmware, i foud out that only contacts and few things more are restored! All themes became corrupted, no existence of application installed before the update, no nothing...

So, Remove any firewall, antivirus software before the update.

ciao
Please use plain text.