Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia x6 software update issues

mike2vibes

nokia x6 software update issues

I have Nokia X6 16 gb with me. It has software version 31.0.004 installed. I tried to update it to version 40.0.002 that came at last,,, but nokia suite says version 31.0.004 is the latest firmware version for X6....why I can't update it to version 40.0.002  which keeps popping up on my screen. What's matter with it? I’m in Nigeria. I brought my Nokia phone from Nigeria. 

I need your help to solve this.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
mike2vibes

Someone Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
cuppaholic

Hi.

I'm in England & am also having this problem.

Hopefully someone will see these posts soon & help us to update our software!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If the message for availability of update is popping up on the Phone, did you try updating thru' FOTA ? Dial *#0000# and under 'Options' check and follow instructions.. 

Please use plain text.
cuppaholic

Thanks for replying Farby.

Update isn't on my phone, its on the Nokia site, but when I connect my phone to pc, it says I'm up-to-date even tho the version numbers are totally different.

Ho hum, will just have to wait & see I suppose!

K

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ cuppaholic - Yes, you need to wait and keep on checking for the update as it depends on Region / Product Code. In addition to it, for Network locked devices, the Operator must approve the updates..

Since you have mentioned "I'm in England & am also having this problem" , thought it is same as the OP who had mentioned about the Pop-ups..

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @mike2vibes

Have you tried "Nokia Software Updater" instead of "Nokia Suite" to update your device?

Maybe this application do a better job with your X6.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

I don;t believe the Nokia Software updater is being developed. The Nokia Suite is a one-stop-shop for all Nokia updates, maps, apps etc.

As mentioned previously, it's more to do with the region/network operator and when they deem that the software is able to be released to their customers.

In some cases I have heard of people missing updates altogether as their Network Operator doesn't release it.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @mechanimal

Beleive it or not it's being released and the last version is 3.0.655

Hi @mike2vibes

These are the X6 - 16Gb from Nigeria with firmware 40.0.2 released:

To see your product code you must dial *#0000# and look for "Product Code"

If you have one of this codes, you can update and if Nokia Suite can't do the job, just try Nokia Software Updater.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DkRudy

The software version of my Nokia X6-00 16GB phone is V 40.0.002, on Nokia's website it states the latest version is V 40.2.002 and my phone doesn't show it as an update when I search for device updates?! Please help!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

DkRudy wrote:

The software version of my Nokia X6-00 16GB phone is V 40.0.002, on Nokia's website it states the latest version is V 40.2.002 and my phone doesn't show it as an update when I search for device updates?! Please help!

Just because the site shows one version doesnt mean that, that version is for you. Updates are not for every country or every carrier. Some updates are rejected by certain carriers, when that happens you will not be able to get the update, until they doo allow it. Other updates are designed to fix particualr issues in certain countries only or for certain carriers only. So the end result is that you may not actually need this update and to try to use it could cause other issues ffor you.

Just simple check every so often using nokia suite, if an update becomes available you will be able to get it then. and that you know that the update you do get should be right for your phone. 

Please use plain text.