Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: problem installing MS app V2.0 on E7

Professor
jraduga

problem installing MS app V2.0 on E7

I am having a small issue when updating the micorsoft apps on my E7. I have used both nokia suite and the OTA to do the update. It seems to download MS apps 2.0 fine, but during the install part, all of a sudden the phone simply restarts and the software says the update failed.

It seems to get half way thru the install before the phone restarts. I have uninstalled nokia suite and reinstalled making sure it is the latest version. I have tried using the phone to do the update, with the software update option.

It has no problem finding the app and no problem downloading it, just installing it. I have updated other software on the phone since installing Belle, and absolutely everything else works in Belle. So I dont really believe this is a belle issue. I have even uninstalled the MS apps V1 from the phone, and then redownloaded and installed it, followed by the downloading of the update MS apps V2.

Any other suggestions as to what might fix this issue. I have looked as far as i can thru the forum without any luck before posting this.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi there @jraduga

I'm glad you have Belle, at last.

About your MS Office issue, have you checked your C drive free memory?

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Hi Noki2000

Currently I have 247M free on 'c' drive and over 11G on 'd' drive. I must say it has me stumped good and proper. Everything else works on the phone. I have updated other apps without issue, and everything with Belle itself seems fine. Other than getting used to things being in slightly different spots compared to anna, I find it easier to use and more convenient. In fact I personally have found the battery life to have increased on my phone, even though I am using more functions on the phone all the time. 

Its just this one update is bugging me. Thanks for the suggestion though, I hadnt actually thought of that one.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

Hi Jraduga

You're welcome and I'm sorry I didn't helped you.

I'm having a similar experience with Belle on my N8; everything's working better and fluid, I miss, however, some things Anna's, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to the new UI.

Maybe you should try to install the MS Office downloading the files to your PC first and then copy them to your phone's MicroSD card, and install it from there.

I know this is not a very orthodox way to do it but I've experienced some problems before installing applications that requires mayor changes OTA. I must tell you I've not installed these Microsoft apps myself, because they're not released for my device, yet, so I'm guessing here.

Good luck!!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I keep forgetting the N8 has a separate memory card. E7's dont have one of those unfortunately. the first time i tried the update it did download automatically via nokia suite to the computer and then it tried to install. second time i tried i download via the phone software update option where it downloaded directly to the phone first. It didnt matter either way.

I have even uninstall MS office v1 and tried to reinstall again without setting up anything first, and then tried to do the update. still didnt work. I'm beginning to think the only option left is to re-install Belle, even though i dont believe that Belle is at fault. Either that or I just forget about it..lol

Thanks for you help and suggestions Noki2000. I think its just and odd one, i guess. it must be conflicting with something. I will try a couple more things and will let you know how I go.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

Hi jraduda.

Have you solve your problem ? I want to tell you that I had the same problem on my E7-00 and I decided with reinstall Belle.

Greetings!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

akeovi wrote:

Hi jraduda.

Have you solve your problem ? I want to tell you that I had the same problem on my E7-00 and I decided with reinstall Belle.

Greetings!

Hi Akeovi,

So far I have tried everything i can think of, except the reinstall. Its the last thing on the list that is left. I have been thinking whether or not I really want to reinstall as everything else seems to be working so well. So I guess if i decide i want the update then i will have to do the reinstall, or maybe i will decide not to bother.

I would really hate myself if I reinstalled and other things started to go wrong instead. But i guess i wont know till I do it.

Well thank you for the suggestion. I will let you know how I go.

Please use plain text.