Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: problem with n97 update

iceboy_1a

problem with n97 update

• my n97 ver is 12

but when I click on the "Check For Software Update"  my device say: No update avainable

what can I Do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hi, you can check here if there's an update available for your device: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update .

If it is, you will then probably have to download either NSU or Ovi suite to your computer to get the update.

If there are no newer updates, you will have to wait.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

Wow still stuck on V12 huh! that sucks big time. Where u @ and what network are you with?  Have you tried contacting both Nokia and your service provider to find out why?

Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
iceboy_1a

thank you dear friends for your usefull guidence.

dear friends I want to update my with the device itself not with NSU or OVI Suit.

my N97 is from UK vodafone and I brought it from england but I`m in IRAN now

my friend had 5800

his device ver was 30 and he Updated it to ver50

his brother have same 5800 with same product code and RM but he cant update his device to ver50.

Please use plain text.
iceboy_1a

another question

can you help me about Server Profile?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I want to update my with the device itself not with NSU or OVI Suit.

No other official way to update .

Other methods are banned by Nokia as they will invalidate your warranty   .

Google

jje

Please use plain text.