Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: qt problem

Contributor
shanib22

qt problem

i update my 5800 v60 fw after not install qt and qt based apps what is this problem
i install cnn app ovi store download requred 14.76 mb 1of 9 step 1st compleet then auto cancelled installation
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Try hard reset. But make it sure you back up your data before that.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shanib22

i hard reseted but this problem again how solved this problem
this compliant after fw updated v.60.0.003
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

In to application manager and check for Nokia smart installer. Uninstall this app and also any other app that is related to smart installer. Reboot your phone and Try to download and install any compatible qt app. Hope your problem gets solved.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
kinshuk18

I have the same problem how can it be solved plzz tell Im Fed Up :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello use *#7370#, to format your phone this will delete all the data so better you create a backup. Then this will also remove Ovi store app if am correct. Then go to the SWupdate option in your phone, there you may see the Ovi store app for downloading as update do that. Doing this will provide you the correct qt files for your phone. After this you can install other qt apps too. In the meantime after formatting your phone don't install any qt apps or qt files. Hope this helps you.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

I started seeing this qt files after installing cnn app for nokia. This filled my phone memory with qt files as large as 4mb etc. But I'don't know what this qt is all about and whether my phone will start malfunctioning if I uninstall it. Does anyone know the function of qt in symbian v5 phones?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello finesseben, Qt is a cross-platform application and UI
framework. Using Qt, you can develop
applications once, and deploy
them across mobile and other
embedded operating systems without rewriting
the source code. This is the use of qt and for installing the apps that are written using qt, you will need to install the respective qt files for your phone. Only after installing the qt files you will be able to install the apps based on qt platform. Your phone won't start malfunctioning if you uninstall those files but you won't be able to use some apps. Hope this helps you.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.