Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Internal module error" in NSU - fix offered h...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

"Internal module error" in NSU - fix offered here!

[ Edited ]
Just received this:
--------------------
Dear updaters,

We have noticed some of you reporting the message "Internal module error".

When installing Nokia Software Updater, sometimes the Microsoft XML4 DLL silent installation fails. This problem can be resolved by manually registering DLL. Go to Start > Run > enter "regsvr32 C:\WINNT\system32\msxml4.dll" > OK > OK.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
The Nokia Software Update team
--------------------

edit: solution updated.

Message Edited by vandelay on 15-Feb-2007
03:38 PM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: "Internal module error" in NSU - fix offered here!

hi,

firstly let me thank you for understanding this problem ,,

i tried what u suggested here but could not get to the solution because the same problem still persists after what u have suggested,

btw besides the internal module error problem there is another issue with the pc suit connectivity,, the modem via usb is not getting installed after i upgraded to the latest pc suit. 6.82.. i mention this just to confirm if both these problem sound connected by any chance ?

thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Hi tbajpai,

the solution has been updated - please try the fix above. Does that help?

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for this solution-it worked for me! The only thing was that I had to change "WINNT" to "WINDOWS" to register the .dll on my computer.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
dear van,

thanks for getting the solution i shall try it and comeback with my feedback.

Message Edited by tbajpai on 17-Feb-2007
05:17 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i tried this solution while trying to update N93 but still getting the same error message
any solution pls
Please use plain text.

the fix is very simple just download and install msmxl 4 from microsoft website and every thing should work tried it my self updating 6131 to v5.50
Please use plain text.
Advisor

It worked absolutely fine,

Yes finally after a lot of effort and all the support from this site,, especially VAN...I have updated my phone firmware to the latest 3.0705.1.0.31

yups i am dammn happy and express my gratitude to the help extended by the nokia team. hey VAN thanks again .

now about the firmware i am sure there will be more updates to come depending upon the views of the people but just one thing that i wanna bring out,,

the option of exiting the music player from the equalizer was nice, which is not included in this firmware and hence becomes an issue of debate, i feel that it was a good option and should be included in the next upgrade of the firmware.

thx
Please use plain text.

thanks a lot vandelay. at last i've fixed my problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I tried the registry thing and also downloading the mxl thingy from microsoft and i`m still getting the error :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

thanks i did it
Please use plain text.
Advisor
craig9100

[ Edited ]
Hi, after installing NSU on my XP home system... when I try to run NSU (1.2.3), a window opens and then it just freezes and won't do anything till I end task in Task Manager.
I have "regsvr32 C:\xxxx\xxxx\msxml4.dll" OK, restarted, reinstalled (removed & reinstalled again), with no luck.

My logs show errors:

Hanging application nsu_ui_client.exe, version 1.2.3.26303, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. and Fault bucket 383884818.

Regards Craig

Message Edited by craig9100 on 26-Mar-200705:58 AM

Please use plain text.
Advisor
craig9100

Hi all,
after another removal of XML4 and NSU, then reinstallion of both, it now works, and have preformed a upgrade.

Regards
Craig
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Done all of the above

installed NSU 1.3.60

regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll

Downloaded and installed msxml.msi from microsoft

uninstalled NSU 1.3.60

uninstalled msxml4

Rebooted

installed msxml.msi

installed NSU 1.3.60

rebooted

Still the same error "internal module error"

What next?

How about Nokia giving us NSU 1.3.61 that fixes the problem?
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
ENG: Has updated N80 up to last insertion (4,07,07,0,7) function USSD has ceased to work!!!! How to roll away an insertion back on the old version?

EDIT: Removed non english text

Message Edited by ajak on 04-Jun-2007 03:51 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

You'll just have to wait for a new firmware update, there's no help for USSD bug :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi i tried what was suggested about manually registering the dll file but got this when i done it.

the module regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msxml4.dll" > OK > OK was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with the error code 0x80070005.

anyone got a way round it.?

cheers
Please use plain text.
Advisor

windows vista home ultimate did not register it it says "u can not register it for file assosiation go to controlpanal/set file assosiation !! :sad: what should we do ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

right ok it seems why windows had a problem after i reinstalled it i installed the pc suite and nsu and it worked fine

thanks for all your help.

cheers
Please use plain text.

I have Nokia N73 and I want to update my firmware but I can't install Nokia Software Updater because I have 248MB RAM and it requires 256MB.What can I do?Can I update my firmware other way or I must buy more RAM???
Please use plain text.