Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

"Messaging : feature not supported " ERROR on C7

Ciuby
Accepted Solution

"Messaging : feature not supported " ERROR on C7

Hy , a have a prob with my C7 ..After official update to Anna I got this error when trying to open Conversations , and when I receive a text ..it isn't  opening. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: "Messaging : feature not supported " ERROR on C7

Does your messages open in conversation mode or inbox mode? If it opens in conversation mode, it may be that there may be a problem with your conversation app. Uninstall them and reinstall through software update. If that's not available, you may have to reinstall your Anna update. Just perform a soft reset before you try reinstallation method. If soft reset does not help, then go for reinstallation.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Ciuby

[ Edited ]

Only in inbox mode. I reinstalled SO , same error..I think I will wait for Belle update :smileytongue: . when i install the conv apl , i get : this app is not compatible with your phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Go to settings>application manager>installed apps. Search for conversation server and conversation appl. Uninstall both of them by long pressing on these apps and selecting Uninstall. Now go to Menu>software update and check whether you get a prompt for Anna service pack or such other update. Download and install if available. Hope this solves your problem.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I couldn't have given a better and clearer explanation than what Tim just posted above. Hope your problem will be solved.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kotik

hi, i have the same problem, the conversation mode was lost and replace by just messaging, when i open one message still on conversation mode but when i tried to reply and sned the message, it says feature not supported. what seems to be my problem. i using belle since it was launched the first day but only few days now i encountered this problem. hope you could help me... thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try doing what the solution says and post back... May be the conversation files got corrupted.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SpeedMick

Just upgraded my C7 to Belle and am having similar problems. Feature not supported message appears every time I try to send a message but message will send eventually. Then in conversation mode it says the message sent to a different contact but in the sent it although in Sent Items folder it says it went to the correct contact, and the correct contact receives it. I have tired looking for the conversation app as described but am unable to find it. Anybody got any ideas?

Please use plain text.
amitmannur12345

[ Edited ]

TIm,
I dont have any software listed telling conversation app or server. please suggest an alternate solution.

Moderator's note: We have removed personal information from your post because we do not recommend you sharing this on a public discussions board.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pauder

exact problem i have
Please use plain text.