Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: software update failed

Accepted Solution

software update failed

my mobile is a nokia 6680, while tring to update software my phone got dead and even after trying all the steps like 1)remove battery , simcard and again insert both battery and sim card and restart.
2)formatted my phone

but nothing worked and atlast i handed my phone to nokia care ,they said the software can easily be installed and and promised me to return inn 4 days.
after 4 days they have given my mobile back saying that even after installing software the system is not rebooting.... and with a easy smile the technician said that the mobile is of no use ......what do i do now.....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I just had a word with a friend of mine Shines who knows a lot about 6680's. He reckons the problem sounds terminal and it is time you let go and got a new phone. I am sure it has served you well but all good things come to an end sometime.

Please use plain text.

Re: software update failed (reply)

then y has nokia introduced such a software updating option, when it knows the consequences of software update failure could be fatal to mobile.....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: software update failed (reply)

I think it was a little more than the upgrade that did it. Sometimes old phones don't take to well to the flashing process that is required when updating the firmware. Electronic components have finite lives and computer chips such as flash memory in the phone will only last so many read and write cycles.

Anyway, at least you have the excuse to treat yourself to a nice shiny replacement. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

I had the exact same problem happen to me just a few minutes ago: I wanted to update my nokia 6680's software and in the middle of the update my phone got turned off and that was it...

you guys say "ok, move on, buy a new one" but what about the money I paid for it... ok, forget about the money but how about all the data from my 1GB MMC Mobile Card? and what about the phone numbers of all my friends and relatives, and what about my SIM Card that just got totally erased????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The answer to your questions is another question: what about the backups you're supposed to do regularly in order to avoid data loss in precisely this kind of situation?

If you value your data you make backups of it regularly.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

29-Oct-2008 01:59 PM
grschinon wrote:
The answer to your questions is another question: what about the backups you're supposed to do regularly in order to avoid data loss in precisely this kind of situation?

If you value your data you make backups of it regularly.

I always backup my data when I make a new update but this time the software didn't ask me if I wanna make any updates. It didn't get that far.. It asked me to connect my mobile device for recognition and then.. it happened.. my phone got shut off and that was it.

Now the question is how can I use the backup from my PC? What phones will be compatible with that data? Or do I have to connect another Nokia 6680 to my PC?

Message Edited by renu2000 on 29-Oct-2008 02:09 PM
Please use plain text.

i have got my mobile repaired from a local technician........those nokia care people told me that my nokia 6680 cannot be repaired after software update failure and is fit to be discarded...........but thanks to local technician ,no matter he charged me rs 500 but the thing is he repaired my mobile by replacing the "BOOT IC" because of which the problem had occured.....unlike the nokia care people in the centre which i had approached ,who lack commitment ,charged me 150 with out repairing my mobile..

so anyone having the same problem with their mobile, just try once getting it repaired from a local technician...

Regarding the memory card it is fine and thnkgod i had backup of my phone memory in memory card because of which i have been able restore everthing which was in my mobile previously.......
Please use plain text.

hey guys i have the same problem..i was updating my n73 but during the process my phone went dead. i was trying to reboot it but i cant to no avail?!does this mean i can no longer use my n73??badly need a help!i was stupid i got all this process done and lose my phone in the end!!
Please use plain text.

hi, first try it getting repaired in nokia care......if not possible then try it getting repaired from local technician.....
Please use plain text.

anyone from bangalore is facing the same problem, then if u want , I can tell u the the place where i got my mobile repaired................
Please use plain text.
Contributor
edukiller

Hey there i got this problem while opening Nokia Software Updater, when i double click it or right cick it and press run as administor the leading pop's up and stay's like that for ever... BTW i  got windows 7 and I did download today the updated version of it for the windows 7...nothing changed. HELP ME PLEASE I WANT TO UPDATE MY PHONE :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
an1986uj

hey can u tell me where exactly in bangalore
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EugeneAlza

Uhmmm... Oh yeah I buyed Nokia C101 Phone then I downloaded Nokia OVI after that I Update my phone after a few 15minutes my cellphone itself trying to remove and then re insert the usb cable then after that my phone switched off then after that the nokia updater saiz that "updating failed". i followed the procedure then i turned on my phone then suddenly my phone is dead T_T Rest In Peace. I hope the local technician fixed this Nokia c101. and i learned my lesson. I will never update !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
komalsaini000

sir my phone c101 hardware id is missing please help us
Please use plain text.
dinurajen

I have nokia c2 00. I tried to update software naokia c2 00. but some how the connection got failed when installing (after i ve downloaded the file). Now if i turn-on my phone, it doesnt respond. What to do? please pleaseplease help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

dinurajen wrote:

I have nokia c2 00. I tried to update software naokia c2 00. but some how the connection got failed when installing (after i ve downloaded the file). Now if i turn-on my phone, it doesnt respond. What to do? please pleaseplease help me.

Check here

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Emadhamid

I have nokia c1..after updating the software of my phone i couldnt connect to internet..and then i updated it from a pc it went on working good but after 6 months i again went to update my phones software it has no responce showin a stop mark"no new software update available" what should i do.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

"no new software update available" means..no more update has been released for your device and you can NOT do anything.. it is as simple as that ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eashwarkumar

C101 soft ware update was not installed properly so i could not see the ovistore option and i could not be able to see my mails and i could not chat ple help me regarding this
Please use plain text.