Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: software update for Nokia asha 311???

Counsellor
dawitbogale
Accepted Solution

software update for Nokia asha 311???

when will Nokia release a software update for asha 311 plz?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

An update was released recently, you should be able to find info in the software update section of this forum. Not everywhere in the world gets updates at the same time.

They'll release any future updates when they are ready, they won't release it before then or announce it in advance.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

tnx for ur info and direction. But i have been citing the software update forums every day, and got nothing that talks about a released update. All i am seeing there is the complains of highly irritated customers. Plus i really don't get when u said they (the developers) won't let updates for every part nf the world at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

as long as my knowlage is concerned, when developers created an update, they release it on the net, and customers dowload it and install it in their phones.
(usually via Nokia PC suit.) i can see no reason for customers, at certain locations, to wait while others at the other side are getting the update.
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

5.92 is currently the latest SW version for Asha 311 (and it should be available to most customers). There will be eventually further SW releases for the device, and when those are available, I will be posting about them here. Can't comment anything more specific at this time. 

The update availability topic is a tricky one. There can be hundreds of SW variants per product usually and creating/testing/approving/publishing those requires many steps. That is the main reason why you may see some of the users getting the update sooner than others - operator variants are often the most tricky ones. We are looking into improving the process as we can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

@armagon tnx a lot, would u please tell us wether Nokia is thoroughly consindering the irritation of its customers just due to this specific product? Because hopefully, knowing at least You are working hard to solve the problem might calm most of down. Lol. Any ways this should be dealt very seriously for the sake of the company's reputation and the customers' satisfaction.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Hope it gets released soon with many IMPROVEMENTS:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

i hope that too
Please use plain text.
akarshnanda

My provide many updates for symbian mobiles but about s40
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Lumia's getting updates but what about s40 asha 311 ?????:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

any new sw available for nokia asha 311
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@paramashivam :

5.92 is the latest software version for asha 311.We need to wait for a NEW UPDATE ! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aimannn

why i can't press cancel after update the version of v5.92
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aimannn

sorry cancel button at the choosing internet wifi or mobile data
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Go to settings > connectivity > net connection > select wifi first. Now you will not be asked to choose the connections, it prefers wifi first and mobile data later.:-)
Please use plain text.
HellzV3n0m

I need help..Was updating my Asha 311 using Nokia Suite.. But it got screwed up in between..Now it won't start and won't budge.. Do help me what to do..Is there any way that I can fix it up myself..please help..

Please use plain text.
HellzV3n0m

Hi armagon..Need help..was updating my Asha 311 using Nokia Suite..Got screwed up in between during updating..was restarting and stuff but then got cancelled..Do help me out..The phone wont start now and i don't know what to do..Help me out..is there anyway I can fix this manually??please..

Please use plain text.