Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

software update

xo32

software update

Hi Guys!

I recently read that there is and has been a new software update on e72. This surprises me because i'm still stuck on 054. When i go to software update on my phone it only shows 054. Is it a continent problem because i'm in South Africa
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: software update

Yes.. your doubts may be true. Availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also if the phone is Network locked, then the update is possible only after an approval from the operator..

Please use plain text.
xo32

@farby. Thanks for the reply. It pains me to c other countries get an update while we don't. I even went to Vodacare to ask them if there is any update and they told me the only updates they have is for Blackberry! Sucks to be in South Africa right nw!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Can understand your concern.. but the thing is in most cases, the user think I am the last one to get it. When the latest update for my Nokia 5800xm got released in October..I had to wait and wait and wait..Had a similar feeling then.. but the patience paid and finally I got for my phone too. But, as mentioned..If the phone is Network locked then the wait may be much longer.. or sometimes not fruitful at all..

Please use plain text.