Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

software updater not working in vista ultimate

software updater not working in vista ultimate

software updater not working in vista ultimate 32-bit
i don't now why .

when i click on it, it just show the start page then nothing happen it just hang on stating page

i try in 2 laptob toshiba but it is the same problem it doesn;t run

please help me with the n95 i need to update it
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: software updater not working in vista ultimate

Hi!

I have Windows VISTA Ultimate and NSU and I havn't got any problem with this software. In fact, I thing taht you must reinstal it and be sure that when you instal this your phone must be disconnecded from the PC.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

I'd second that, I'm also running Vista Ultimate, if you are having problems, uninstall, maybe reboot, then install it again...
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I unstalled it and rebooted it but there is the same error message come out. why?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fourwheeler

Hi, I must agree with you. It happened the same to me with Vista 32. The program at first didn't even started. Then, after deleting 2 processes (you easily find them because they are named something like Nokia software updated..)the program started but it was hanging for ever searching the phone. I the moved to another PC with XP and it worked without problems.
Ciao
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi. I have Vista Ultimate and no problems with this soft.
You can install this soft with the option "Run as admin"?
When the soft is installed, the fireware advise you for -Unlook the connection with Nokia Center.
I love Nokia N73
Please use plain text.

I am having the exact same issues in Vista Business 32bit ed. It worked with the old version of software updater, but since updating it and Nokia PC suite (which wasn't very easy) it now just wont work at all. It freezes when the loading screen comes up. I am running it as admin and have tried many uninstalls/re-installs.
Please use plain text.

I just did an uninstall followed by a restart and then a reinstall followed by a restart. Still the same problem. If I leave it for long enough then the program wakers up and says 'Network connection lost. Check your network connection or whether a firewall is preventing the application from working properly.' This is with all of my firewalls off and a solid internet connection when running the program as admin. Im going to try logging on as admin to see if this makes any difference now.
Please use plain text.

same problem here on 2 vista laptops. Before i have updated the firmware not long ago, after i think updating pc suit i cannot use the sofware updater anymore.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]
Hi snuffeltje

Interestingly if you look at "N" series PC Suite released with N76 it says NSU v1.3.40 not offered for installation with Vista!

http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n76,demo,nseriesstedl

Message Edited by scoobyman on 10-Jun-200706:34 PM

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor

No it's a bit old, but I'm having this exact same problem on Vista 32bit Ultimate?

any ideas?

Thanks
Please use plain text.

Version 1.4.39en states that Vista is not currently supported. "Visit http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdates" for more information
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have the same problem with vista ultimate 32, i downloaded the latest version of NSU and it doesnt find the phone and keeps on timing out...

nokia should stop making softwares cause they really need to pay to someone to do it for them...

all software has been re installed and installed again and still no luck....

it used to work a couple of times before but again it decided it doesnt wanna try to find my device and connect to it...

the funny thing is that ovi suit does find it and connects to it...

trying to update my bloody nokia N97 which was nokias most evil phone keeps on freezing. replaced 5 phones through warranty and they all have the same problem....I guess Nokia N97 was a scam!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Ovi suite works wonders on my Vista Ultimate 32 bit. You could try that.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.