Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

symbian belle is a nightmare on E6

sshokair

symbian belle is a nightmare on E6

i dont know if nokia have ever tested belle on E6, i used to love my E6 more than any other smart phone but since i installed belle my phone turned to be a nightmare freeze every while, type with no text seen on the screen, self restart and many many more of strange unseen before actions, i hope they release a roll back option to symbian anna
Please use plain text.
misslondon

Re: symbian belle is a nightmare on E6

I have looking for support for this for months now, it seems Nokia has completely give up on the E-series.

I have emailedNokia support, with no response and the online help is just confusing or non-existent.

I resisted an update to Belle as I knew the reviews were bad, but this year I needed it repaired and the update was inevitable. And now I regret it so much.

I reistalled the software over 15 times, restarted it, formatted it, downloaded the software recovery tool and the phone just doesn't work anymore. 

The phone doesn't connect to the internet, it crashes after the first scroll, doesn't add email account, maps crash, handset freezes ALL the time.

Is there a way to reverse this update back to Anna? Is there a fix for this horrible software?

E-series were my favourite handsets of all time, I can't find one that compares to it, no blackberrys, no samsung, don't even mention Apple to me.

There is a niche in the market for business handsets, and Nokia use to be really good at it, combining style, technology and practicality. Asha 205 and 210 are just a joke. Why would you even bother releasing such a poor phone? Poor processing power, poor media features, no touchscreen, it looks awfull!

Pretty please Nokia team, look into this, we use to seek Nokia because you offered something different from your competitors, now you're just another company cramming technology in to a square, glass fronted box.

I <3 E6

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate, sorry to hear the problems you are experiencing. initially Nokia promised to support Symbian through until 2016, but things have been shutting down since, for example, the 808 is no longer on sale, the Nokia Store shut down on Dec 31st last year etc. unfortunately nothing can be done about this, and no more support will be provided.

the only thing you can try is to ask your nearest Nokia Care location for your requests regarding Anna, but as that can cause damage it is not usually recommended.

if it still isnt' resolved to your satisfaction, then i suppose the only choice you have is to either stick with what you have, or purchase/borrow a new phone. sorry mate.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

misslondon wrote:

Is there a way to reverse this update back to Anna?

There are guides on the Internet for that which involve tools licensed to Nokia Care only, at least officially.

misslondon wrote:

downloaded the software recovery tool and the phone just doesn't work anymore. 

The phone doesn't connect to the internet, it crashes after the first scroll, doesn't add email account, maps crash, handset freezes ALL the time.

You applied the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and got that behaviour? Let us concentrate on the scroll crashes: Do these crashes happen without a SIM as well?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jberumen

Tha is only for Lumia WP devices
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@jberumen what exactly is just for Nokia Lumia?

Please use plain text.