Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unlocked lumia 800 +update

Counsellor
zaphod121
Accepted Solution

unlocked lumia 800 +update

I've just unlocked my lumia 800 in UK moved from orange to 3...can anyone tell me if this will effect me getting 7.8 update? It seems to have gone quiet on this forum does that mean most people have got it or just fed up with waiting for it.......i have checked it is available on both carriers but I've still not got it....can orange stop me getting this update by blocking me? because we didn't part on good terms I have had so much trouble them no signal 60 days to get unlock code etc maybe they have classed me as a problem customer!;!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zaphod121

p.s. I am not an adviser....i don't know how that got on there or how to change it......im a mobile nut who though he new alot about mobile phone until he joined this forum....can someone answer the above question....please?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

It is irrelevant what SIM you are using in your handset. Orange cannot block the update from reaching specific handsets, since the updates are distributed direct from Microsoft ( and NOT Nokia, as dozens of people simply refuse to understand). The update is phased out in stages, you just to wait a bit longer until it reaches your handset.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zaphod121

Thanks 93tid.and this is a great forum.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

No problem, we try to fill in the gap left by Nokia. Don't worry about being an "advisor", THIS should explain what it actually means :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.