Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

update 7.8

Registered Member
jayan143
Accepted Solution

update 7.8

Why I cannot get update,,I check ready via Zune software....i cannot get the new update,,when's update checking finish tell my fone up to date...no new update that 7.8....i am using lumia 800..y can you help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: update 7.8

Like with all Microsoft WIndows Phone updates not everyone gets them at the same time due to their staggered roll out policy. No one knows when a specific phone or country will get it.

All you can do is wait and keep checking.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jayan143

Thankui for your information... :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YukonWizzard

I purchased 2 Nokia 900's last spring hoping that they could connect to my work secure email.  (Microsoft Exchange).  However, I find out that a brand new 7.0  phone could not access what I could with my win 6.5 phone.  Since that time, I've put up with it since the Lumia Phone is a very fine phone.  My brother has the Lumia 920 which includes bitlocker which would allow me to access my work exchange email.

Then I saw where the 7.8 update would be rolled out (a consolation prize to not connecting to work email) that would allow me to get used to the newer interface until my AT&T contract was up.  AT&T sent me a text message indicating I should be recieving an update last month and the local AT&T store manager indicated that the update would be available to me before the end of February.  Now it is late March and I'm not very happy with the whole situation. On top of that the AT&T support line told me the to erase my phone and reset to factory settings so that the 7.8 update would work properly thru Zune.  What a mess, 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Great first post..

Maybe try looking around before going  off on a rant. You're making yourself look a bit silly to say the least. It has been widely publicised here and elsewhere that the 7.8 update was halted due to discovery of some issues and has only very recently been restarted.

Beyond that Nokia is not responsible for nor manages the update process, You will need to talk to Microsoft on that. FInally, as you mentioned, the update won't bring any changes to Exchange support or add any encryption options. There is no need to erase your phone to get or perform the update.. The person who told you so is clueless.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.