Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: virus on Nokia 5800?

kpu1
Accepted Solution

virus on Nokia 5800?

I keep getting sms messages advising I need to update my software so I eventually did this through the Nokia site. Now I can't use my phone I have open apps which I can't get rid of, can't turn off the phone, can't make calls, receive sms etc etc etc. The apps I need to get rid of are aknnfysvr and popnotifierappserver can someone please help as the phone is completely useless now.

Please use plain text.
Sage

you could alays try a factory reste..Hold down  Red/Green/Camera buutons whilst powering on (i think)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@keat - never advise a hard reset without warning that it might delete all the user's files.

A hard reset (x6, 5800 and 5230 only) is done by the following (warning, this deletes all data on your phone):

1.) Turn off the phone and remove battery for 5min

2.) Reinsert battery

3.) Press and hold the green, red and camera buttons. DO NOT LET GO.

4.) While holding the three buttons, press the power key to boot the phone up.

5.) Keep on pressing until you see the country selection screen.

A correctly done hard reset would show you that everything on the phone (contacts, messages, calendar entries, etc) would be deleted. So it is advisable to back them up. Upon restoration, do not restore settings or files if possible.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
kpu1

OMG - after holding the red and green buttons with my left hand, the camera key with my right hand and switching on with my teeth.............It works. I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I just need to copy my contacts back and I am away.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

LOL. You really had to say you switched on with your teeth? LOL. Although next time, if you hold the green and red keys with your left hand, and hold the camera with your right thumb, you can use your right middle finger to turn it on. LOL. or use the Left thumb on the camera, the left forefinger on the red, and the left middle finger on the green key so you have your right hand to switch on. LOL.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
esh20

virus on nokia x6?

i have just bought a nokia x6..i connected it to my pc which supposingly was infected..

now my phone is a bit abnormal..i can be writing a text and all of a sudden the cursor goes back n erases all the wordings!

or my quick start menu on the right top corner of my screen does not work! :s

what should i do? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: virus on nokia x6?

If it is a virus affecting system files, it will be in the mass memory.

First thing to do is connect your phone to a PC via mass storage mode, and run a virus scan, then use disk check on it to fix corrupted files.

If that fails to work, you may have to format either phone, mass memory, or both.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Deepu_09

I'm also facing the same problem..is there any way to format the mobile ? ?

Its hardly a week i bought this NEW mobile Nokia X6  :smileysad: :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fist07fist

I had the same problem .The only way I found was to reboot my phone.In this way all stuff from your mobile would be erased although.Switch on mobile - in same time press green ,red,camera button and the switch on/off button until on the screen come the country selection list.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stroke2007

virus on nokia 5800xm

I've just detected this on my 5800xm. only going to loose a few newer contact. It'll go in my drawer, battery out for a couple of days. gonna live with my old 6300, has msg tone from my baby boy, whose 5 now. Don't know how I got it, all my music on pc, can't wait to get her up & running as it's for the music functionality, drag wma's over from hdd to 16Gb card, which'll get wiped after the factory hard reset. been researching why it's wanted to connect to net & draining battery for a few months now.

Please use plain text.
rommer

it's impossible for my little hands(kid, LOL!) but it worked
Please use plain text.