Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: what happens to installed programme on memory ...

Counsellor
drjamit

what happens to installed programme on memory card after SW update

Hi ! i have Nokia N95-1 with firmware21.0 i had many applications installed on memory card. i want to know that--
1. Is new firmware 31.0 worth upgrading.
2.what happens to my Installed Applications on Memory card. Do i have to re install or will they continue working as before
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: what happens to installed programme on memory card after SW update

Some applications will recover and reinstall automatically.

Some applications will attempt to reinstall (or, rather, the operating system will attempt to reinstall them), but they will fail. Such applications you need to reinstall yourself from original (or updated/newer) installation files.
Please use plain text.
Sage
delixis

Re: what happens to installed programme on memory card after SW update

If it is possible, my suggestion would be using your OTA firmware upgrading feature in your phone. It is very easy like Windows update and it will not affect any of your applications or data. Try that and you will be surprise and never go back to NSU things.
C6-00 with 8GB MicroSD
Please use plain text.