Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: why this partiality for INDIA Nokia C6-00

Counsellor
dumpc6_00

why this partiality for INDIA Nokia C6-00

recently nokia released v41 SW update in USA and many countires including Pakistan.

(Nokia C6-00  mokka)

but it doesn't releasing them in INDIA.

y this  partiality ?

i have asked Nokia.co.in there is no Proper response.

I asked them about @least by guess when it will be available.

or @least i expected the word soon(no specific date)

but they didn't said.

Nokia ruining its market in INDIA.

So there R more space to fill this Gap.

So i'm expecting good competitiors will fill this gap.

Already many space filled by Samsung.

I'm expecing Good Android handset with dualsim will be master hit soon.

if that happens.

for Nokia uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sanguthan(TAMIL)

I told them to release B4 jan-1-2012.

i'm waiting for that.

if i don't get that i will sell my dump c6-00 and plan to BUY SPICE MI-410

1Ghz 512mb RAM

Android 2.3.4

HDMI o/p

400x800 resol

4.1 inch screen

5Mp still cam

VGA front cam

720P rec n play back

for just 12,999/- Rs only

I'm sure about that My Next Mobile will not b Nokia.

( i'm not much impressed with Windows

its having more drawback than that of features).

and now started hating symbian as its not moving further.

staying with 640x360 resolution.

So higher end games not allowed for this mobiles.

So,

I'm sure  My Next Mobile will not b Nokia.

:smileymad:

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Be patient. There's a firmware called Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 one of Nokia's best phones. This was available in India by the end of august and the start of September, but to the Australian and american, it was made available by November only. Read through several posts and you will know why there's a delay.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

The release of firmware in any country is governed by lots of different things. Things such as Government regulation, carriers agreeing to it, world trade situations. the regionlisation of the firmware.

Just because firmware is available in one country does not mean that it is or will be available in all countries. firmware is designed initially as like a general piece of software, it is then sent to Nokia regional office, who have to change the code to suit the local telecommunication laws, and to suit the local carriers requests. Once this is completed and tested by Nokia, its then sent to the carriers who will recheck the firmware. The carrier may ask for more changes, to which nokia will have to make, then retest and then send back to the carrier. It the carrier then agrees its scheduled for release shortly after. If however the carrier simply says NO they wont allow it at all, Then Nokia are not allowed to release it, no matter what. Even though Nokia has spent all that time design and changing the code to suit, the acrrier can say no and no one will get it.

Its a big job, one that can take months of negotiation, with the carriers. not to mention the time to make the code suit the local requirements, in the first place. Also otherissue can come up from time to time, where due to global laws or individual country laws, companies are banned from trading or working with certain other countries. These are usually political issue causing these sort of things to come up.  

That phone you are mentioned also look rather low spec considering some phones that nokia have today, and worst of all it runs andriod, the worst most phone software on the market for hackers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

They have to give just English version(universal) if any one don't want other than ENGLISH!!!.

They can PORT to this Update.

Stupid guys.

and They have not added Tamil or any other indian language for Indian C6-00.

Then wat's up with this stupid guys
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

BRAINLESS PPL

THEY could have Released the universal SW Update for all mobile with ENGLISH only.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

if they can provide one country and not providing to our country. means Why they want to trade with our country.

Moodikitu poga vendiathana.
If they can't release y they re selling this to our country
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello dump its not the problem with Nokia, they release the firmware to all countries, but the thing is that the carrier has to approve it. The carrier will check the software and then release it.
And If you want Tamil language then take your phone to Nokia care and ask them to install that. Why are you shouting here?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

hey buddy!
y carrier needs to support.
OK for OTA carrier needs to support.

FOR via OVI SUITE update who else to support.
should my office PC/BOY/Cleaner/any other to support it.???
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

@jraduga:
This is LOW SPEC :-)
Nokia is High SPEC. :-p

Do nokia know what is Higher Resolution than 640x360 ever for symbian.
Don't tell about Windows Phone its a Handicapped one!
No SD card.
LOW phone memory.
only left with WP is stylish.

for Rs12,999/- Nokia can't Give this kind of SPEC.
with HDMI o/p and 720P playback and recording.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

dumpc6_00 go for an Apple / Android...  

See if you are less or more happy with Privacy invasion and virus' respectively ;-)

Remember Nokia has released 3 major updates in ONE year for the N8.

How many have Apple  / Andriod release in a YEAR  for their one or 2 phones?

Also FYI - Nokia don't cause delays after official release.. its the Telcos.. Go chase them for your updates.. Chances are they have not passed the realease.

Please get your fact straight first thats all.

NOTE that I am not promoting Nokia either, just stating facts thats all.

Hope you take this in the right spirit.. :-)

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello Mr. Dump if you are very fond of Apple products and if you are saying that Apple is error free then just check this link. http://www.itproportal.com/2011/11/25/problems-ios5-update-iphone-users-losing-wifi-connectivity/
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Sage
mobywil

Hi satisfied and dissatisfied Nokia owners,

If it is really true in a technical sense of reasoning that carriers are the bottleneck of the roll out of any updates, how is it possible that at the same time Nokia is selling and delivering phones with that same update pre-installed? This happened in the "Anna period" and is going to happen in the "Belle period". I had the Anna update on my N8 long before the product code of my N8 was declared ready for update and nevertheless that situation, I could use my phone without meting any problems. The cooperation of carriers is needed indeed, however, it goes too far that the date of the release of an update is more or less ruled by the slowest carrier in a certain country. Nokia has to maintain a strong relationship with carriers, because many phones are sold by those carriers. Nokia has made a choice in the past, when the competition on the phone market was not so heavy as now a day. I am not amazed that Nokia never gives an indication for the time when an update will be released. Nokia has simply not the power and the independence to do so under the actual circumstances. Hang in there friends.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarveshwar

Why do unlocked phones don't receive updates then, all at the same time? This 'carrier bottleneck' theory is invalid. Nokia IS the bottle n bottleneck and its cap and the empty space inside. They must speed things up.

Over 95% Nokia smartphones in India must be unlocked so I don't buy this 'carrier bottleneck' theory. Nokia are slow in providing updates for download.
Please use plain text.
Sage
mobywil

[ Edited ]

Hi Sarveshwar,

I made clear that Nokia is not entirely free in releasing updates on its own. Of course Nokia can release every update for every product code within the capacity of the servers of Nokia. The bottleneck I described, is not a technical matter, but a matter of policy. I'm convinced that between Nokia and carriers commitments have been made and not on a central level, but on the level of countries and regions. These commitments limit the independence of Nokia and protect the interests of local carriers. Carriers don't want to be blamed for the delay, because that can end up in losing customers. Unbranded and/or simlock free phones are not treated differently. Their product codes will not receive the update prior to branded phones. Why? I suspect that this is also a part of the deal between Nokia and carriers. You are right Sarveshwar in stating that Nokia is slow in releasing updates worldwide. I only try to explain the reason for the delay. I'm not defending the policy of Nokia and the choices Nokia made and, obviously, still makes. Have a nice day. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

@a340500:
I'm not against Nokia.
But Nokia Failed.
and CEO of Nokia Also Accepted that they have Failed.

and u have told that Nokia released 3 releases for N8.
Without this release your phone may b useless.
and u may b disappointed with that.

But apple and DROIDs release were stable release so their update will be late but STABLE.

Have u heard the release of V41 for Nokia C6-00 in USA gone crazy on first day.
ITS keyboard become useless.
then later patch cleared this issue.

and see still V41 not avail in INDIA.

I liked Nokia upto JULY.

later i realized that Nokia is loosing the Trend and trying to Cover the Higher END ppl.

But they are coming with LOW spec with Higher Price.

they thinking that Higher END means (higher Price) Tell them Higher END means Higher SPEC with HIGH COST.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

Finally Nokia out of the Competition.

Lets cheer UP.

I'm awaiting for Good Competition on Next July.
B'coz i like to buy new fone.
and going to throw my DUMP C6-00.

I prefer DROID.

lets see wat Nokia's status By that time.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

I'm shouting here from the V41 released they didn't come @least with Good Reason.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
s_kaustubh

If what you say is true how come Apple is able to push their iOS updates
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

@s_kaustubh
Performance improvement and is different from Stable SW releases

While shipping Nokia releases mobiles with kind of Beta version.
i think u might know what is Beta version(it may or may not stable)
BUGS r different from stable, crash...
GOT IT ?
Please use plain text.