Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: window 7.8 update

Contributor
nit_rock
Accepted Solution

window 7.8 update

Is window 7.8 update available for lumia 710. & if available then on updating my data will remain safe or not.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi nit_rock,

yes you can update your Lumia 710 to WP7.8. However, it is still not yet available for download via Zune but it will be released early 2013.  About your data, before you'll get to the process of the update, you will be asked first to backup your information. So no need to worry about your data It will be safe.

Hope this will help you. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ravibhalekar123

I think you should lost, downloaded apps, data, manual settings. After update should have your phone interface like completely new.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

ravibhalekar123 wrote:

I think you should lost, downloaded apps, data, manual settings. After update should have your phone interface like completely new.

Yeah, Thanks for clarifying that. I forgot to mention that one.. :smileyhappy: It would be better if we will manually sync first the media files via zune before performing the update. However, in my case, when I updated my Lumia 800, for some reasons all of the apps and data are still there nothing was deleted. But again, just to make sure, sync the media files first before updating the device. with regards to the apps, you can redownload it again via Marketplace.  Also, text messages will be deleted.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
xycan007

Hi guys? Just asking how to updare lumia 900 WP 7.5 to 7.8 , tnx .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Wait for the notification on the phone telling you the update is available and then connect to Zune to download and install it.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TaSac

Is it last update of lumia 610?or gets some further update?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

There has been commitment to support Windows Phone 7.8 devices up to 18 months after the launch of the update, but news about any more updates apart from that are not known at the moment.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
StanHZ

I'll updated my Lumia 800 to WP 7.8 too,

but my phone indicates that there are no updates on the site of nokia is that for my phone is an update,

what can I do

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khan120

i m not getting 7.8 update notification,,can anyone help please,,,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

THIS

---

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tavijayraj

My windows lumia 710 version is 1600.3031.8773.12121 and am not able to update my phone to windows 7.8 .. Help me.. Y and am from india delhi
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
publicnickname

Looks like Nokia don't care about keeping existing customers happy on the assumption we'll all rush out any buy whatever the latest and greatest is.

I just spent an entertaining half hour on line with support typing to work out exactly when my 800 would get updated. I kept being told "three weeks from when the rollout starts" but... apparently the rollout start date is different and is dependant on your operator, your region and your device batch number. Now I got my device unloaded in Norway and now use it in the US on T-Mobile, so their suggestion of contacting my operator is no use, and I don't speak Norwegian well enough to try and ask Telia to help someone who isn't their customer. You'd think Nokia and/or Microsoft would have some sort of clue about this (it's not like it's the first time they've rolled out an OTA for WP7.x)

So ... my current contract is up at the end of the month, so the race is on... if the 7.8 update appears in the next few days then I'll stick with WP7.x a bit longer, and maybe when I finally get frustrated enough to upgrade there will be a decent selection of "real" apps in WP8 (not just 3rd party clones) and I'll remember fondly how Nokia managed to keep my phone alive for a little longer with a timely update to 7.8 ... if the update isn't there then it's an easy choice with unlocked Nexus4's being available again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nelsonnair

My Lumia 710 shows that updates aren't available yet. I need to know if there a confirmed date available for the update 'coz its getting really upsetting to keep checking for updates almost every other day and find nothing available. While it is nice that Nokia did release the wp 7.8 update for it's phones, it be better if they could give out expected update roll out dates
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The exact dates are not announced by Nokia. As the updates are made available in staggered manner, you need to wait till its released for your device.. No other go but keep on checking ...

Please use plain text.
HISEXCELLENCY1

when will the update for windows 7.8 for lumia 610 be available?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

please read the post above by Farby....seriously.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi,

we are not allowed to discuss non-official methods of software/hardware modification on these boards, as per the Discussion Guidelines. you will need to find assistance elsewhere.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hrishi_b

It is 21st feb and I'm still waiting for 7.8 update on my Lumia 710 here in India. Update check option is enabled and the Zune tells me my software is up to date. Any idea when will i get the update??

Please use plain text.