Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

windows 8.1

Registered Member
shubham44768
Accepted Solution

windows 8.1

When will there be Windows 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: windows 8.1

There will be no Windows 8.1 for Lumia phone because it is for computers.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joaoSA2409

Not correct. Microsoft will be upgrading mobile version in 4th Q to 8.1.
I just hope we don't have to buy a new device, as then I will dump my Lumia 920 and buy S4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

When Windows Phone 8.1 will be available is not yet known. We know that the GDR2 update for WP8 should arrive in the next few weeks, the GDR3 update is planned for later this year. Whether or not WP8.1 will be GDR3 is not known, it may be a following update scheduled for early next year.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Atishm

Good to see the correct answer, thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Atishm

correct

paulheu wrote:

When Windows Phone 8.1 will be available is not yet known. We know that the GDR2 update for WP8 should arrive in the next few weeks, the GDR3 update is planned for later this year. Whether or not WP8.1 will be GDR3 is not known, it may be a following update scheduled for early next year.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ashfaqullakhan

y it cant be

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

My answer is correct. Windows 8.1 is for computers. If there will be a Windows "Phone" 8.1 then that one is for phones.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iCyko

Actually your answer is incorrect. Your on a forum for Nokia products and if memory serves me correct they do not make computers. So therefore it is safe to assume that the question was in reference to phones. So instead of trying to be smart and play off that you made a mistake. Just admit you were wrong.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

What is wrong with correcting him?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Curr946

So what's the 2520?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Curr946 wrote:
So what's the 2520?

2520 is a tablet, not a phone :smileywink:

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
BDkumbhakar

Windows 8.1 will be comming shorty for nokia windows 8 phone.Few of phones like 1520,1320 its comming with 8.1 and others phone you have to be update from OTA(over the air) via wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

@BDkumbhakar  Windows 8.1 is for PCs (desktop, laptop, tablet), Windows Phone 8.1 is for phones, WP8.1 and Win8.1 is not same. And Windows Phone 8.1 is not released yet, 1520 and 1320 comes with Microsoft Update 3 + Lumia Black, which is still Windows Phone 8.0

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YumY

Forget WP 8.1

Let Nokia at least rectify Lumias to justify WP8..... Samsung and other on WM 6.1 were much better then these expensive No Use Lunias and cud almost do everything that these bricks do....

To own a Lumia 820.... U need to have highest levels of Courage !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rugal30

I really hope that the low end users, which is the 520, do get an update of the 8.1. I do understand the device has lack of hardware support. But i hope Microsoft and Nokia also keep in mind that the Lumia 520 is the hottest selling phone they have. The sheer reason of Nokia's comeback in phones, and a radical entrance for Windows, which lead to grasping a great number of market share. So please dont deprive us from the joy, of what is the 8.1 update.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

The Lumia 520 will receive the 8.1 update. One of the new features owners will like the best is the ability to install apps to the SD card, but remember, the app developer has to include this in the app.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suhailTM

When I can update my lumia 1320 to windows phone 8.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

No one knows yet but rumors say this June.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DOGGFATHAR

Windows 8.1

I need an update for my Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 520 Windows 8.1
Please use plain text.